Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi bumpersplus,

Thanks for posting your question here.

Although eBay did return the API warning message you are referring to when you attempted to post this listing, the warning does not actually account for the failure to post. In order to determine why the listing failed, just click the red number in the “Notifications” section along the top of your account.

Based on the error message that was returned, it appears that eBay does not support the “Good til Canceled” duration for the category you selected, so you should just have to select a different duration (or category) in order to post this item successfully.

I will also bring this to the attention to our technical team, so we can update our system to no longer show this invalid duration for this category with a future update to our site.

I hope this clears things up. If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab on our site and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Mike D. thanks for prompt reply.
The category selected has not changed, it's the same category I've been using for months.
It seems I'm completely stuck & can't list right now with this problem.
This link may give you more info:
http://www.auctiva.com/listing...ScheduleId=362490591.
Yes I do need further assistance with this, do I now need to contact support, or are your technical team looking into this?

thanks
Bumpersplus
Hi bumpersplus,

I have just replied to your support case with more information regarding this matter.

Given that you have been posting items in this category using the “Good til Canceled” duration previously, it appears that eBay must have recently updated their system to make it so that duration is no longer supported for this particular category.

-Mike
Thanks Mike,
You can see for car bumpers Auctiva gives category no. 174049, and this is what I've been using, HOWEVER, as explained this category seems to have suddenly stopped working on Auctiva.
I checked category nos. using ebay uk site map and this indicates category no. 74800, but when I use this cat no I get "Ebay listing failed to post for the following reason: item condition is required for the selected category. The specified category is invalid. Please choose a valid ebay category."

Mike I really need Auctiva's help here!

Thanks
Bumpersplus
Hi bumpersplus,

I'm sorry to hear about your continued difficulties.

The category you were using when you started this thread (# 174049) is still a valid category in which to list your item, but eBay just does not allow the use of the "Good 'Til Canceled" duration in that category any longer.

Therefore, if you attempt to post the listing in category # 174049 but select a different duration (such as “30 days”), I believe you will be able to post it successfully.

I believe the eBay UK site map you are referring to must be outdated or otherwise incorrect because category # 74800 is not currently a valid category for car parts. If you search for that category on the Sell your Item form directly on the eBay UK site, you should notice that no categories related to car parts are returned.

If you need any further assistance with this matter, please follow up with us through your open support case on the subject. I just added this information, along with a few other details, to your case as well.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.