Skip to main content

I have all my photos on Picasa3. When I try to upload images the first thing that comes on in the box is Java trying to up load. I have a PC and IE. I was also told that Uploading java may not be the best thing for my computer. Last Year I did not have any problems but now, how do I get my photos from Picasa to Auctiva.
Original Post
Hi aumaker,

Thanks for contributing to our forum.

Although it was previously possible to use the Auctiva Uploader through Internet Explorer without installing Java, the latest version of the uploader requires Java when used through any web browser so you will need to install Java when prompted in order to be able to use this uploader once again.

If you still do not wish to install Java, you could potentially use our Basic HTML Uploader instead, which can be accessed by mousing over the “Images” tab, selecting the “Upload” option and then clicking the “Basic HTML Uploader” link on the ensuing page.

However, the Auctiva Uploader is generally much more effective and efficient so I recommend using that one if at all possible.

If you decide that you would prefer to use the Basic HTML Uploader under the circumstances, you can set your account to use that uploader when uploading images from the lister page by making the following adjustment within your account preferences:

1) Mouse over the “My Account” tab and select the “Acct Preferences” option under “Settings”
2) Check the box next to “Use HTML Uploader on One-Page Lister” in the “Image Management” section
3) “Update Account Preferences” button below

I hope this helps clear things up. If you need any more specific assistance with this matter, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab on our site and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.