Skip to main content

I have been using Auctiva for about 10 years, trouble free. I just got a new computer with Windows 8, every time I try to list anything I cannot operate the description portion of the listing form. Everything works as it should BUT when I enter the description none of the tools will work or when I enter my description as an HTML after I preview the listing the description just disappears . I am not new at this, what am I doing wrong???
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi

I believe the issue is Internet Explorer 11. Is that what you are using. I have seen issues discussed here about that version and the item description for a few months now. You would hope Auctiva had fixed it by now but I do not believe they have. You could try either Chrome or Firefox or even uninstall IE11 and install IE10
Hi julie martin,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing.

Although there are some compatibility issues between an old description editor that is still enabled in some accounts and later versions of Internet Explorer which can cause behavior like you described, it appears that your account is using our latest description editor.

I also see that you have posted several listings successfully since creating this thread, so I am hopeful that you have already been able to resolve this issue by updating your account to use this newer description editor.

In any event, if you are still encountering this issue with the current description editor that is enabled in your account, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab on our site and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
I am having the same issue, but I cannot even preview mine until they are saved. Also any changes I manually make to the description revert back when it posts. I haven't posted in a few years, but kept my Auctiva account active and have updated all profiles to make current. Please help with the editor issue.....any help is appreciated! Thanks in advanceSmile

quote:
Originally posted by julie martin:
I have been using Auctiva for about 10 years, trouble free. I just got a new computer with Windows 8, every time I try to list anything I cannot operate the description portion of the listing form. Everything works as it should BUT when I enter the description none of the tools will work or when I enter my description as an HTML after I preview the listing the description just disappears . I am not new at this, what am I doing wrong???
Hi lexisluxuries,

I reviewed your account and noticed that you are using the old description editor which is still enabled in some accounts, so I suspect that all (or at least some) of the difficulties you are experiencing are related to the compatibility issues between that editor and some later browsers I mentioned previously.

As such, I recommend updating your account to use the new editor we are offering to see if that clears things up. This can be done by logging into your account and doing the following:

1) Mouse over the "My Account" tab and select "Acct Preferences" under "Settings"
2) Check the box labeled "Use Design Editor v2.0", which is located next to "Default Editor on One-Page Lister" in the Listing Management section
3) Scroll down the page and click the blue "Update Account Preferences" button

Please note that we have been gradually phasing out this older editor for quite some time now and, as a result of where we are in that process, it will not be possible to resume using the older editor once you have switched to the current one.

If you continue to encounter any difficulties of this nature after switching over to the new editor, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the "Help" tab on our site and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.