Skip to main content

I purposely never used the 'new' listing page while both were available, so having the old page removed has slowed down a few processes for me considerably.

I realize some of these only apply to me, but if there aren't changes on the horizon for some of these items, I'm going to have to explore other options:

1) Selecting multiple images/listings - This should be an easy one. There is an option to select every listing/image on a page, or an option to select one. Are there any plans to utilize the tab/shift buttons to grab a series of items? This would help considerably, especially if the next item is not addressed.

2) Editing multiple listings - The old listing page had an edit feature that would allow us to turn on/off items to be edited, allow multiple edits without re-selecting items, and allow them to be immediately scheduled. The new Basic Edit does not allow items to be turned on/off, so this slows down the process. Additionally, the scheduling is extremely inconsistent. Sometimes the schedule button is there and works, sometimes it doesn't work, and sometimes I'm just taken back to the listing page, where I have to select all the items again to be scheduled. The Advanced Edit works pretty much the same way except that you can only edit one feature at a time. If you have multiple bulk edits to do, it requires the items to be re-selected all the time.

These may seem like minor things to some, but for me the biggest reason to pay for a service like this is speed. I want to be able to create/edit/schedule items quickly and conveniently, and that doesn't feel like it's the case anymore. Personally, it doesn't feel any faster than using eBay's own process now, so I'm pretty much just paying for an image hosting service.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi no10pin,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We do not have any current plans to update the listing selection options on the Saved Listings page and within the “Basic Edit” interface as you described, but I will share your comments in that regard with our Product Management team for consideration.

However, we are aware that the “Post” and “Schedule” buttons are not showing up at the conclusion of the “Basic Edit” work flow in certain cases and hope to resolve that issue with a future site update.

I cannot be certain when we will be able to address that issue at the moment, but I will reply to you once again through this thread once the issue has been addressed or any related information becomes available.

We apologize for the difficulties.

-Mike
Any update on the items above? The schedule button has been showing up consistently for me when I make edits, but attempting to actually use it consistently fails. I have to go back to the main screen every time and re-select everything.

To add to that, I have experienced multiple times that the entries in the quantity field disappears. Tonight I figured out why...if you remove one item from the list once you start editing, it removes the quantity from all remaining items. To make it more frustrating, the field is not editable, so you have to start over.

I've been a paying customer for a few years now, but I am really struggling to continue to pay for this. I have no idea how a company that charges for its service allows defects like this to persist for months. You might think that it would be a priority.
Hi no10pin,

I have still not received any new information about the issue that was causing the “Post” and “Schedule” buttons not to show up at the end of the “Basic Edit” process, but I am no longer able to reproduce that behavior at this point in time so perhaps it was addressed as a result of a related change.

I was not previously aware of the issue causing that particular “Schedule” option to fail, but I was able to reproduce that (assuming you received a generic error that said “An error has occurred during the processing of your request...”) and have forwarded the details to our technical team for investiation.

I did not encounter a similar error when using the “Post” button on the same interface nor when using the similar”Bulk Edit” option that is available on the old version of the Saved Listings page though, so I believe you will be able to workaround the issue using one of those options for the time being.

On the other hand, I have not been able to reproduce the issue you described in which the “Quantity” fields get cleared one after removing an item from the list, so we will need to look into that further to determine what may be causing that in your case.

Please contact our Customer Support team about that issue directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will look into it further. It seems like it may only occur under very specific circumstances, so it would be great if you can provide us with as much information as possible that may help us reproduce the behavior.

We apologize for the continued difficulties.

-Mike
The issue with the Quantity fields is probably for auctions only. Here's the scenario where I see it, and I was just able to reproduce it.

-Select multiple auctions and click Basic Edit
-All quantity fields will be populated with '1' and are non-editable
-Remove any auction from the list by clicking the x on the right side
-All quantity fields are now blank, and still non-editable
-You are unable to save and unable to fix the error, so the only option is to close the window and start over
Hi no10pin,

Thanks for the clarification. I was easily able to reproduce the behavior you described using a sample of auction format listings, and have forwarded the details of that issue over to our technical team for further investigation as well. The issue does appear to be specific to auction format listings as far as I am able to tell.

Unfortunately, this same behavior also seems to occur when using the “Bulk Edit” tool that is available on the old version of the Saved Listings page, and I do not know of a workaround to prevent this from happening under these circumstances.

I will let you know when we are able to address this issue, or any related information becomes available, as well. If you notice any remaining issues of this nature, please don't hesitate to let us know.

-Mike
Hi no10pin,

I am pleased to report that we have just released an update to resolve the latest issues you reported with the "Basic Edit" feature. As a result, the “Quantity” field should no longer be cleared out when you are editing auction format listings and remove one from the list, and you should be able to successfully schedule your items directly after completing your revisions.

If you notice any remaining issues of this nature, please don't hesitate to let us know!

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.