Skip to main content

Thanks for any help given I appreciate it. Im new to Auctiva and submitted about 6 auctions yesterday and the templates looked really good. So i check my auctionjs today and it showed the pic by the header but in the template it says image not available with a big gray empty spot. Did i do something wrong?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Hawgs,

Welcome to Auctiva!

Since you are seeing "Image Not Available" messages in place of the images within your description, I believe you must have deleted the images in question from your Auctiva account. Fortunately, provided that is the case, you should be able to restore them easily.

In order to restore these images, just visit your Deleted Images page by mousing over the “Images” tab and selecting the “Deleted” option and use one of the available “Restore” options for the images in question. Once you have done so, the images should resuming showing up within your descriptions again within a few minutes.

Deleting images from your account that are used in active listings only impacts those in the description (and not in the Gallery section) because those that are displayed in the Gallery section are copied and then hosted by eBay.

Of course, to avoid encountering difficulties of this nature with your future listings, just make sure to wait until your images are no longer in use in any active or scheduled listings before deleting them from your account.

I hope this clears things up. If you need any more specific assistance with this, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab on our site and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
Most of my thumbnails are missing in my active listings folder and now in my closed listings folder. Generally , this happens once/month and Mike runs a manual program and restores them. We are in to day four (approximately) and support tells me the manual program is not working.

I use the thumbnails in my active listings folder to scan for duplicates. I use them when relisting as well.

Is anyone else experiencing the issue?
Hi itsjustme,

We have actually since resolved the issue with the tool that you mentioned, and ran it for your account a bit earlier today. As a result, hopefully none of the items on your Active Listings page are missing thumbnails any longer at this point in time.

I see that the support case you filed on this subject was updated with this information shortly after you posted this message, but I figured I would reply to you here as well for the potential benefit of others who may see this thread.

If you notice any remaining issues of this nature, please don’t hesitate to follow up with us through your open support case and we will be happy to continue working with you.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused!

-Mike
Everytime ebay gives "top sellers" free listings once a month I find I have trouble with something each month. This month is trying to download my pictures so I can complete my listing. I have done the same thing as long as I have been on this hosting site, for some reason my picture swill not come up when I try the Auctiva uploader. So I try the HTML loader and it tells me my pictures are too big...........I have wasted so much time each month, I am ready to find another hosting site.
Hello gizomoe,

We are not aware of any issues with the Auctiva uploader at this time that would cause difficulty with uploads. However, the uploader does require the most current version of Java to operate correctly, so please be sure that your Java is up to date. You can check this at http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp - where there is a link: "Do I have Java?" under the download button, where you will be able to see which version you are running and update it if needed. Also note that the download and install are separate steps.

If you continue to have difficulty uploading images, please file a support case from the Help tab of your account letting us know the details of what occurs for you so we can take a look, and we will be happy to assist you.

- Craig
Hello My*Evergreen*Closet,

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty uploading images. Please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of your account, using the File Support Case option and let us know the details of what you are experiencing and what browser you are using and we will be happy to take a look into it for you.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.