Skip to main content

auctiva currently has a very primitive title search that only searches exact text. I don't know of any other software that still limits search in such a way.

at the very least, it should have a keyword search like most search engines. this would help a lot for those of us who have thousands of listings.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello All -

I have forwarded your request regarding making changes to the way that the Search field operates on to our Product Management team for their consideration in a future site release and will update this thread should more information regarding this become available.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!

- Craig
Hello sir_Paq,

Thanks for your continued interest in Auctiva and your suggestion. At this time, I recommend that you submit your request for the functionality you desire to our Feature Center, which you can find in the Education column near the bottom of the main page of the site. Submissions here are reviewed and when approved become available for our entire community to vote on for upcoming development. You can do this here. Please feel free to submit your request in detail there!

- Craig
Last edited by auctivacraig
Okay this is not that big of a deal but it does trip me up every now and then. I think it's odd that the search function doesn't function the same in all folders. The search function in the scheduled listings folder doesn't recognize the apostrophe. If I search the saved listings folder for "O'Jays" it finds it no problem but not so in scheduled listings.
Hello Larry -

Thanks for the specific information and bringing this to my attention.

I've created a work ticket regarding the search functionality behaving differently on the two pages as you've noted here as I was able to reproduce the issue with the search.

I will update this thread as soon as any information becomes available regarding this issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.