Skip to main content

I've been using Auctiva since 2012 - I have over 400 active listings on ebay right now.

When I check my listings to see if they are mobile friendly (by selecting a listing>revise>mobile friendly checker)
I'm seeing these 2 problems frequently:

-Image exceeds screen width
-Non-compliant links

How can I update all of these in bulk and what do I need to do with future listings so this does not happen again?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello sonyplaystation -

it sounds like you may have some listings up either as GTC's or that you have been continuing to use our older templates using Create Similar and this may be part of the issue you're referring to with the images - and unfortunately we do not have a tool that will allow you to update templates on active listings in bulk.

For such listings you would need to either end them and then post again from Saved (we do have a tool to bulk apply templates to Saved Listings in the Advanced Edit tool) after you have updated to a current template. I did check a few of your Active Listings and can see that we have been adding the meta tag that should resolve this for the templates, but it seems that you have run into something that falls outside of that. We'd need to have a look as some specific listings that have run into this to assist further.

As for the links issue, this also depends on what links are causing issues and where they came from.

Please file a support case from under the Help tab of the site describing these same issues and please provide some example item numbers of listings where these error messages are occurring so we can look into this further for you.

- Craig
Hello sonyplaystation -

There is no tool to bulk revise or remove templates from active listings. You can bulk revise Saved Listings to use one of our new templates or go into each saved listing and remove the template and save those changes, then you can use the HTML of the saved listing to revise the items on eBay - which would need to occur on a listing by listing basis.

Here's how:

- Find your listing in your Saved Listings folder, make any necessary changes, and save.
- Click the Get HTML button to the right of the item on your Saved Listings page with the icon: </>
- use the Select All button and then copy the HTML in the popup window that shows
- Locate the item on eBay and open the "Revise Your Item" form.
- Scroll down to the "Description" section and then make sure that it is on the HTML tab.
- Delete the existing description HTML, paste the copied HTML in its place, preview your changes and continue and confirm your changes.

- Craig
I insert three of the five ebay user links at the end of all listing descriptions. They are available via the 'User Links' option within the Item Description section.

Recently checked mobile friendliness on my listings and found the following error on every listing containing the user links:
"We found non-compliant links in your listing For a link to open correctly, the target must be defined to open in a new tab or window by setting a '<b>target="_blank"<b>' attribute to the link definition. If you do not define the target accordingly, the link may not open successfully"

Allowed ebay to fix the problem and found that every error was specifically related to the 'View My Other Items For Sale' link.

Auctiva does not have the proper target="_blank" html code assigned to that particular link.

Should be an easy fix for Auctiva. But will need to correct all new listings via html before posting or eliminate using the link until issue resolved.
Hello maeray69 -

I am sorry to hear that you've run into some difficulty with links in your listings. Our tools that are running updates for active listings that are eligible for revision do update any Auctiva-centric links added to listings. We'd need to have a look at the listings involved to ensure that any processes we're running are doing so appropriately, as those links are updated when using the description editor for new listings. Please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site letting us know some specific listings where you are encountering this so we can assist you further.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.