Skip to main content

I am a UK seller. I have just had a look at an auction item with the new UK & overseas postage rates that increase from 30th April & I noticed a couple of errors. 1st is that in PREVIEW the bid amount is in US$ not UK£ and secondly (also in preview) my UK p&p rates (Domestic p&p) are showing as Worldwide! As much as I would love to send a CD to anywhere in the world for just 69p it's not very cost effective. Is this just a minor technical error that just shows up in preview or will my UK rates be actually shown as Worldwide? My normal International p&p rates for Europe & rest of the world are showing as the amounts they should be. I am having to put on hold scheduling 100 CDs just in case!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi spuffy,

Thanks for helping to bring the these issues with our preview page to our attention. We actually just redesigned our preview page to more closely resemble the current eBay "view item" page and we are currently working to correct the problems you described as well as a handful of others.

As you noted, these issues *only* impact the p review page and will not have any adverse affect on how your listings look once they reach eBay so there is no need to let these discrepancies keep you from listing.

If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
I listed an item yesterday with UK and 2 international postage costs.The three amounts di8d not show in the preview and the listing would not post with API error stating that I had not signed the Ebay agreement. I had but then signed it again and it was confirmed by Ebay.
The only way I could list the item was to remove the international costs and then add them on an Ebay revise.
When is this going to be rectified.
Customer service is blaming Ebay for the error but obviously it is not.
Please see my comment below yours and respond.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi spuffy,

Thanks for helping to bring the these issues with our preview page to our attention. We actually just redesigned our preview page to more closely resemble the current eBay "view item" page and we are currently working to correct the problems you described as well as a handful of others.

As you noted, these issues *only* impact the p review page and will not have any adverse affect on how your listings look once they reach eBay so there is no need to let these discrepancies keep you from listing.

If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
Hi lynlis,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the eBay API error message indicating that you must sign eBay's new international selling agreement before posting additional items with international shipping, but I have to agree that the root cause of the error must lie on eBay's side of things as you mentioned being informed of when you contacted our customer support team.

The API error that you see when you click the red number in the Notifications section from your account is actually the full error message that eBay returned when they rejected this listing and we do not have access to any additional details about why the error was returned.

Based on the fact that you are receiving this error when you try posting items with international shipping through Auctiva and you are able to add those international shipping options through eBay's “Revise your Item” form, it seems that eBay's API data for your account must incorrectly reflect that you have not accepted the new agreement.

I did notice that you generated a new token to renew the association between your eBay account and your Auctiva account since receiving the last error of this nature so perhaps that will update update the apparent incorrect data and prevent you from receiving any more of these errors.

If you continue to encounter these errors with new listings that you attempt to post with international shipping moving forward, I can only recommend that you continue to follow up with eBay's customer support team for further assistance with the matter though.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.