Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You are correct about the image deletion wizard and about auctiva keeping your image count high so they can charge you. Their image size count does NOT work.
I just finished customer support with auctiva,
This was my support conversation. I strongly advise you to also, unless you like paying a company for bogus charges for a service that is not working.

ME:
I have used your image deletion wizard and have deleted deleted deleted down to all images older than 15 days old. My image storage seems to be stuck at 1.1GB it will not go down in size.
I took all my photos from the last fifteen days on my computer and checked the size and it is only 428MB. That is a long way from 1.1 GB that your storage folder is showing. the 428 MB is actually small because all my photos on my computer for the past fifteen days includes several personal photos that are not uploaded to auctiva.
Obviously this is a concern as it would require me to purchase additional storage on auctiva.
Can you correct this so I can choose a plan please

DON E Auctiva:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Auctiva Support.

Here's what I recommend.

If you go to image management and set to display 100 images, then click the 'upload date' link so that your oldest images display first. Next tick the box in the blue bar just under the EDIT button. This will select all of your images.

Then you scroll down and look for anything which is not a '0' in the 'Listings' column, and untick.

Then delete.

Do this for all pages you wish to delete.

Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance in this matter.

Thank you
Auctiva Support
rudeatroves@xxxxxxx.net
Customer
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 10:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi. I have already used the image deletion wizard. Isn't that what the image deletion wizard is supposed to do, to save us hours an dhours of time?
or do i need to now spend more time after the image deletion wizard, and manually delete the photos?
Don E.
Support
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 10:27 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I suggest you do what I recommended.

It is a very quick way to remove 100 images at a time and be certain you are removing only unused images.

Apparently you have exhausted the wizards usefulness.

Thank you
Auctiva Support
rudeatroves@xxxxxxxxx.net
Customer
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 10:31 AM
the image deletion wizard does not work then??.
I have thousands and thousands of images going back to 2005.
Don E.
Support
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 10:36 AM
hi,

The wizard is being revised, which is why there is now a cap of $19.90 on image overage for july while the issue is being looked into further.

This is why I gave you my alternative to help you remove those old images.

Thank you
Auctiva Support
rudeatroves@xxxxxxxxx.net
Customer
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 11:08 AM
so for a service that does not work, Auctiva will be charging the flat monthly fee plus up to $19.90 for image hosting, when their image size count is NOT WORKING?. I would think that when auctiva is going to charge for their service it should at least work...correctly. How many customers are going to be overcharged because your much pushed image deletion wizard does not work, and their GB is still over the alotted limit for the flat fee service.
I'm happy this is america where i can file a complaint about any business, and I'm extremely dissatisfied with Auctiva's customer support, rudeness, lack of concern for their customers.
I don't mind paying for a service but i feel that the image size count may be intentional to bring in additional $$ to auctiva based solely on your reply don.
You sir, are a disservice to Auctiva.
rudeatroves@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.net
Customer
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 11:09 AM
Customer service is rude. I beleive that Auctiva, based on customer service reply, is going to milk alot of customers out of money, when their image size count does not work, neither does their image deletion wizard.
Don E.
Support
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 11:19 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Auctiva Support.

Your image consumption is correctly displayed.

I'm sorry you are angry about your cache of images exceeding our proscribed limit, and you do not want to pay for image storage.

I have simply offered an alternative to assist you in removing all of your older unused images, 100 images at a time.

The fact that the tool we have provided to assist you in removing your images does not work as effectively as desired does not support your claim that "Auctiva will be charging the flat monthly fee plus up to $19.90 for image hosting, when their image size count is NOT WORKING?".

Now I see that your image consumption is .94 GB, I'm glad my suggestion helped you remove 200 MB of images in a timely manner.

Thank you
Last edited by auctivajeff
quote:
I have used your image deletion wizard and have deleted deleted deleted down to all images older than 15 days old. My image storage seems to be stuck at 1.1GB it will not go down in size.

Your account shows .94 gigs. You have many images over 15 days old. I set your manage image page to show 100 items at a time, then clicked to page 10 and already there were images over 3 months old. At page 40, around 4000 images, the images were over a year old. It seems like you didn't delete enough of your older images.
You have 127 pages of 100 images. About 12,700 images hosted with us going back almost 3 years to 9/12/2006. If you deleted the ones you didn't need you'd probably have less than 50 megs.

Worst case you would have had to click the box to mark all the images on a page 120 or so times and clicked delete. Easily doable in a separate window even while you were doing your normal work. Maybe it would even have taken an hour or two.

Even after all this you would have had $0 of additional image charges.
Thank you so much Auctiva, for offering the $19.90 until we get this mess straightened out.
I have 4.3 GB, sell postcards and have reduced it slightly.
If I edit 100 per page and click all that have 0 in listing column, is there any way that some of these images would be in my ebay store and listed at the end of auction via ebay. Would auctiva still know if that image was linked to something like that?
I will gladly take the time to do that if I can trust that I won't mess my store that has 11,600 items in it.
Thanks so much. I know we'll get through this eventually!
We use auctiva and sites like this to save us time not so that we can sit in front of the computer for hours and hours to delete photos. And if I understand this correctly, since it's not working correctly we will only be charged an extra $20 for this month? I really don't like being charged one penny because your program doesn't work correctly. I wasn't sure which way I was going to go and I know Auctiva had the photo deletion wizard so I wasn't worried about getting my photos deleted so that I wouldn't have to pay any extra fees. But now it's not working and I don't have the time to do it one by one, and now I will be penalized for their program not working. This is really not winning me back.
Last edited by auctivajeff
You know how they said to do it 100 at a time, and if the column says 0 that it means there is no listing. NOT TRUE! Apparently, it's because it went in my store via ebay but the ONLY way I have is to click on image (postcard in my case) and manually go into my store to see if it's there. This is nuts. I think I'm making about .35 cents an hour now based on how much time all of everybody elses glitches is costing me.
The deleting 100 at a time process worked for me. I had to delete about 70 pages of 100 images, AuctivaJeff, and it took me far more than an hour because there's a wait for Auctiva to list the 100 images. But my 2 gigs got down to under .5 gig.

The problem is that I had ALREADY deleted these images, according to Auctiva. I keep my one-time post images on eBay for around six weeks, as a research service to my customers (I sell philatelic covers and the customers like to see the sold items for a while). Trying to be a good Auctiva citizen, even when it was free to hold images, I've stored only a max of 2 months of images, and delete the third month file just to save Auctiva storage space for images my customers don't care about. Have done that for years on Auctiva.

But Surprise! I find that over nine months of images I deleted were not really deleted, until I did them manually 100 at a time. Auctiva really needs to get their Deletion Wizard act together.
I'm pretty disgusted to read all this whining and complaining. The facts are, many people added photos for years and never took the time to clean them out. If Auctiva had been charging them all along, you know they'd have been keeping house all along.

And now that they have to pay, they're complaining about having to clean up their own mess? Complaining that it's not EASY???? Give me a break. You made the mess, you clean it up. As a paying customer of Auctiva, I resent the time they're having to spend to respond to all this whining.

Just sit down and do it. If it takes you 3 hours or 3 days, that's not anyone's fault but your own. Either that or move on to another hosting provider.
quote:
Originally posted by JosiePerl:
I'm pretty disgusted to read all this whining and complaining. The facts are, many people added photos for years and never took the time to clean them out. If Auctiva had been charging them all along, you know they'd have been keeping house all along.

And now that they have to pay, they're complaining about having to clean up their own mess? Complaining that it's not EASY???? Give me a break. You made the mess, you clean it up. As a paying customer of Auctiva, I resent the time they're having to spend to respond to all this whining.

Just sit down and do it. If it takes you 3 hours or 3 days, that's not anyone's fault but your own. Either that or move on to another hosting provider.

First off I have been on Auctiva since around 2006 and not once did they say you should clean out your photos. If they needed us to do that they should have told us way back when. And if you want us to delete them then give us a way to delete the pictures. Not 100 at a time and then say how "easy" it is. Easy maybe...time consuming...oh YEAH!

And don't worry more will be leaving soon enough like me, and after we all leave and Auctiva is hardly making any money, they will have two choices...close the doors...or raise the prices. And if they close suddenly, who knows what will happen to all your auctions and their photos. Probably just be gone. Should be an interesting week for you. Without all of us, Auctiva will not make it. Auctiva should not be charging anything extra for photo storage until they come up with a way that you can actually delete your photos...any photos in one swoop. I have over 750,000 photos they told me. It would take me a very long time to do.

So all of us who don't have the time to do 100 photos per page, will do just what you have said and leave you with the higher prices or the doors being closed on you in the middle of the night because auctiva doesn't have enough revenue to keep the doors open.

Because at first they said they needed to charge me around $250 a month to use Auctiva, plus image hosting. They said there was no way around it. Then when people started jumping ship, then all of the sudden they found a way to make it work for $10 a month? Yeah OK. So good luck staying with Auctiva. I feel sorry for the auctiva employee that will have to delete my photos 100 at a time...since that is the only way to do it...once I am gone.

But we never took the time to clean out the photos because auctiva never said we needed to. Unlimited was the word they used. Well it's OK you change it and charge, but have a way for us to delete our photos other than some stupid 100 photos at a time. This is 2009, you should have a better way than that. This is ridiculous.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.