Skip to main content

hello,

Alot of my images that I use are about 600X600, and I'd really like my images to be actual size rather compressed with auctiva's software which automatically resizes them to 400 pixels max with a clickable link for shoppers to see the larger full size image.

In addition to wanting my images to appear actual size, I'd actually like to include a fairly wide logo banner in all my listings, but Auctiva's software keeps compressing the image to only 400 pixel.

Is there ANY WAY to disable the supersize feature, or auctiva's image compression software so that images appear full size in a listing.

Got another question....does auctiva get an affiliate kickback every time someone clicks on an image to supersize it?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi dcsbodyjewelry,

It is not possible to disable the supersized image option for images that you place in the "Select an Image" boxes on the listing creation page, but you can place actual size images in your listings by inserting them directly into the description editor using the "Insert an Auctiva Hosted Image" button on the editor toolbar. This button is just to the left of the "User Links" menu and has an icon of a mountain and sun on it.

If you add an image to the description editor using this button, it will be displayed within the description section in its actual size and it will not have the "Click to Supersize" option.

We do not receive any sort of affiliate commissions when people click to supersize Auctiva hosted images.

If you have any other questions regarding your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team using the form on the following page of our site:
http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
You could also customize the template you are using and replace the image tag for supersize with the tag to include the full size image.

This should require a minimal amount of HMTL knowledge to do.

That sounds like something I would be interested in. I've never used HTML. Would anyone have some simple instructions to do this with the images?

booklady
Hi booklady (& others),

Let’s see if I can help you out with this. In order to customize a template to make this change, you’ll first want to mouse over the "Listings" tab within your account and select the "Customize" option under "Custom Templates". You'll then want to choose the template you'd like to modify in this manner from the list and click the "Go" button.

You will then be taken to the template editor and you'll want to click the "Standard" tab along the top. Once you have done that, you will see the template design within the editor and you'll want to replace the [DESCRIPTION_AND_IMAGES] tag with a [DESCRIPTION] tag and tags for the original size images.

You can create the [DESCRIPTION] tag by placing your cursor where you would like it to appear and clicking the “Description” link in the “Custom Template Tags” menu along the left side of the page. Each original image tag can be created by placing your cursor in the desired location, selecting “Original Images” from the “Choose Image Type” drop down menu in the same “Custom Template Tags” area, and then clicking the links for Image 1, Image 2, etc.

When making this modification, you will just want to make sure to place enough image tags within the template to support the maximum number of images you will use in a listing using this template. Once you have created and saved your custom template, you will be able to find it in your Auctiva template library under the “Custom” category.

If you need any additional assistance with this, please feel free to contact our customer support team using the link I mentioned earlier in this thread.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.