Skip to main content

I am getting emails from our potential customers that our images are not supersizing.

I contacted Auctiva and it appears we need to have larger images for them to supersize.

When we were with Vendio, we simply uploaded our photos and I can't remember what size we used but it is the same we are using today.
With Vendio, a person simply clicked on the image in the listing on eBay and the image was supersized.

However, it seems that some or all of our images in our listings via Auctiva are not Supersizing.

I am not arguing but I don't get it. This is the same size we used before.

Here is an auction number: 370292113825 .

I guess I need to know what size I need to make my pics to support the supersize.

Thanks
Annette
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by katyrrell:
I am getting emails from our potential customers that our images are not supersizing.

I contacted Auctiva and it appears we need to have larger images for them to supersize.

When we were with Vendio, we simply uploaded our photos and I can't remember what size we used but it is the same we are using today.
With Vendio, a person simply clicked on the image in the listing on eBay and the image was supersized.

However, it seems that some or all of our images in our listings via Auctiva are not Supersizing.

I am not arguing but I don't get it. This is the same size we used before.

Here is an auction number: 370292113825 .

I guess I need to know what size I need to make my pics to support the supersize.

Thanks
Annette
I was just reading the support case you filed on this and our support rep Mark explained how our site works correctly.

The images that you see showing within the template in the main listing page are resized smaller from whatever size you upload so as to fit in the template.

The Auctiva's 'supersize' function does not make any images larger that you upload...it displays the image at the size you upload (up to a max size of 1024 x 768 pixels).

I can't speak to what Vendio does as I'm not familiar with it, but our position is that that enlarging images over and above what you upload is hard to do with acceptable quality...even in Photoshop. If we 'up-rezzed' your picture from the size you uploaded to a bigger size, its very likely that it wouldn't look good when it displays in the listing. Therefore, we don't do that.

We recommend you upload the image at the size you want it to display when it is shows as 'supersized' in your list. So if you want your 'supersize' image as shown in your listing to display as 640 x 480 then that's the size you would want to upload.

Hope this helps explain.
Hi- thanks for the reply. I just received a response to the support case and yes, Mark did a wonderful job of helping me.

I am not sure why I have had customers complain the the images were not supersizing. Mark thought that what I had for this listing worked just fine. I needed some affirmation that my images were supersizing just fine with the size that we were using.

So, again- not sure why the images were not supersizing when selected but I am glad that they are working fine.

Thanks for your speedy response.

~Annette

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.