Skip to main content

When I look at Active listings or try to sort by Items sold, hits or watches, I get the following error message:

"An error has occurred during the processing of your request. Please try again or file a support case if this problem continues."

It used to happen half of the time and now its almost all the time.

I reported it last week and the support request is still open.

Is there a reason that Auctiva is having so many issues?

itsjustme or is it?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I logged into your account, set the # of items to show to 100, then sorted by watches, and hits. Not sure what you mean by sorting by "items sold" so I didnt do that. No problems though for me. I'm using a 4 year old laptop running XP and Firefox 3.6 at the moment.

Are you usually doing this at 115am? I'm wondering if maybe it's during the time the database is being backed up. It runs a little slower then and I'm wondering if maybe that cold be part of it.
Hi itsjustme,

I'm sorry to hear that this continues to be a problem for you. The errors that you are experiencing on the Notifications pages are timeouts that are occurring because the calls to our database to retrieve that information are taking longer than they should.

This same issue is causing similar errors on the Transactions page for users as well, especially when the Search option is used.

We have some work planned for our database maintenance period this upcoming Thursday night that we believe will resolve these problems, so hopefully this will no longer be an issue for you after that.

-Mike
I finally find time to start listing today. Got pics all uploaded, then go to do my FIRST listing, and no matter which browser I use, I get an error message! Even logged out and back in, and cleared cache/cookies, etc. I wrote C/S OVER A WEEK AGO (STILL NO REPLY), BECAUSE EVERYTIME I GO TO CLEAR OUT MY NOTIFICATIONS I GET THE SAME ERROR. I USUALLY HAVE NO NOTIFICATIONS BECAUSE I CLEAR THEM DAILY BUT FOR 10 DAYS NOW I CAN'T EVEN CLEAR THOSE W/O AN ERROR MESSAGE. I HAVE TWO MORE HOURS OF TIME TO LIST TODAY - BET I WON'T GET ONE LISTING DONE. Thanks yet again, Auctiva!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!

Error
We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high volume of requests at this time, your request took longer than expected to process. Please retry your request again. If you continue to receive this error, please contact technical support referencing ID# df89cc64-873c-474f-96b2-face86339b23. Thank you.
I personally can't believe this. I have all this great stuff photoed and ready to LIST and I CAN'T get one listing done! I've lost the same listing twice already - my first one of the day. I'll be out of TIME in 1 & 1/2 hours and you can BET I'm not going to sit here and LOSE listing after listing for the next hour and a half so guess I'll start listing straight from ebaY. Why does Auctiva make everything so hard? I swear. It's always SOMETHING. What a WASTED day. I can say goodbye to about $200 today!
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter. We experienced a connection problem with our site around the time you filed this case that was causing some slowness and error messages, but our engineering team is under the impression that issue has since been resolved.

If you continue to receive these errors, please let me know and I'll pass that information back to our engineering team as soon as I can.

The Notifications problem you reported is a separate issue and we intend to follow up with you through the other case you filed about that when more information on that becomes available.

We're very sorry about the trouble, but I appreciate you taking the time to report this to us.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT ONE LISTING DONE JUST FINE - JUST YOUR AVERAGE COFFEE MUG.

NOW I JUST DID A GORGEOUS LISTING FOR A HUGE VINTAGE COLLIE DOG (PLUSH - ADORABLE), THAT TOOK ME TIME TO MEASURE THE HUGE BOX IT WILL SHIP IN (FOR SHIPPING CALCULATOR, ETC.) AND EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. UNTIL.....I SAVED IT AS NEW AND GOT ANOTHER $#@&*%# ERROR MESSAGE AND LOST THE WHOLE $@#* THING!!!!!!!!!

I QUIT! I'M GOING OVER TO EBAY TO LIST FROM THERE. SEE YA NEXT WEEK AUCTIVA. THAT'S HOW LONG IT WILL PROBABLY BE UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY FIX IT.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.