Skip to main content

I've been using Auctiva for a while now and it seems like there is always 'something' that goes wrong! On a continuous basis the inventory messes up, I have to run physical inventory constantly...what's the point of inventory. Sometimes it shows 20+ items that are actually out of stock. I've contacted support they acted concerned until they said 'I don't know, I will send this somewhere else' and POOF no more answers!
You set up an auto-relist just for vacation and you turn it off when you return and GUESS WHAT...it WON'T TURN OFF!!! Still listing even when I cancel it!
Just heard from 7 of my customers...yet again Auctiva checkout is on the fritz AGAIN!!!THANKS!!!
Hey how about giving us an easy tool to edit ALL of our listing to meet Ebay's new 'item condition' requirement? You have it for re-list items...why not regular bulk edit?
Since I have to run physical inventory AGAIN and I must individually go into 1000+ listings to edit I am SERIOUSLY considering leaving if I have to do all the work anyways.
I hear INKFROG is a great tool........
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Killisonmk. . I know Auctiva is NOT perfect by any means and believe me.. we have had a few rounds. But generally it worth the money I pay.

IF I were you I would open IF account. Ask a couple of questions that you already know answer to. They will NOT answer them.. they will send you link and guess what.. links they sent me did not answer questions I had. I did as a test to see if I wanted to try new avenue of listing.

Also, cancelling with them required 3 emails back and forth.

I was not pleased with their service at all.

YES auctiva sometimes sends stupid links. . but not nearly as much.. and most of the time I find they can tell if we have read up or if we are just asking without looking. (then they do send link).

Good luck.
I have posted on several forums and I have not received any help through Auctiva! I opened a support ticket over 2 months ago trying to figure out why Auctiva adds 20+ items to a single inventory item...hence selling when out of stock. I received a response and bascially they said 'Gee thats odd, I don't know, let me send you somewhere else'....No more correspondence. In order to be successful I (as well as you) need RELIABILITY!! I am willing to pay more for less errors.
I do appreciate the responses from Auctiva members BUT WHERE'S the STAFF?
Also...does anyone know of a good accounting tool that can do Profit & Loss and works well with eBay? If I have to manually fill in all the blanks I would have no time. I need something that all it would need is the item cost for me and it does the rest (ebay, paypal fees). Any suggestions?
It took me posting this on 4 different forums to get a response to my support ticket I filed over 3 months ago. Here is the response I received today(last response was 4/21/2010):
Posted Tuesday, 7/27/2010 9:31 AM

Dear kallisonmk,

Hello again. I noticed that you have posted about this situation on our community forum so I wanted to follow up with you and provide you with an update, although I'm afraid I don't have any good news for you about this as I hope I would when we discussed the issue previously.

Our engineering team has looked into this but was unable to find anything in our code that would explain this behavior and, given that we have also not received any similar reports from other customers, we have had to place a hold on the investigation for now.

We will continue to keep this report on file and, if we end up reopening the investigation as a result of seeing evidence that this is more than just an isolated incident, we will keep you posted with any new findings on the matter through this support case.

I'm very sorry to hear about your frustration and I wish there was more we could do. As always, please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions in the mean time.

Sure close the case because you can't find the answer nor does my business matter. Here's my response:
What I get from your response is:
1. Getting back to me was of no importance UNTIL I wrote in the Community Forums. Since it has been OVER three months since you replied.
2."given that we have also not received any similar reports from other customers, we have had to place a hold on the investigation for now." My business and financial well being is also unimportant to you since you are going to STOP the investigation because no one else has reported this same problem.
3. You also noticed the large difference in quantities and YOU couldn't find out why. YOU know there is a problem but it's only me so NO BIG DEAL. "I have looked into the examples you provided and was not able to determine how the inventory quantities came to be increased as you have described, so I have forwarded this issue over to our engineering team for further investigation."

I presume it is time to find a better company that cares about ME as a customer. Time for the

:P?
kallisonmk,

We are sorry that we didn't get back to you timely but the investigation took a while to complete.

Bottom line was that we couldn't reproduce the problem you reported. Nobody else reported anything like this, leaving us in the position of ....if we can't reproduce a problem, we can't fix it. Just not possible.

Again, we apologize for not advising you of this sooner. As the note said, if we get another instance of this where we can reproduce it, we will undertake a fix.

Thanks for your business.
Hello again, I am seriously considering leaving. I have to do Physical inventory on over 800 different items that have multiples due to Auctiva's inventory mess...I was considering staying and double checking I have no (auto add thingy marked) however after 2 Tuesdays of no listings posting on Ebay...What to do?
I really on my business to pay for my cancer treatments and I CAN NOT continue with inventory errors and listings not posting. Each Tueday has cost me about $250 in sales.

My question now is if I switch to InkFrog would it be easy to come back if necessary? Can I list from both until I have totally converted or decide to stay?
InkFrog now has the 'smartlister' with the Terapeak research directly in the listing...looks interesting.
So can it be a smooth transaction or will I loose everything making the switch or switching back?
Same here with Toadsville. I was not impressed at the support at all! And it took 3 to 4 emails back & forth to close account. It was like, email us to death and we may let you close it.

Now.. may have changed it has been a year.

NOT that Auctiva is perfect by any means, believe me I have ranted and raged, *matter of fact I was in a MAJOR rage when I switched to Toadsville, and went in just "knowing" Toadsville would be my prince charming. I do think Auctiva has made many improvements, I think they have many things I would like to see "fine tuned" before they jump into another lake with brand new projects. but that is just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions. . .
quote:
Originally posted by kallisonmk:
My question now is if I switch to InkFrog would it be easy to come back if necessary? Can I list from both until I have totally converted or decide to stay?
InkFrog now has the 'smartlister' with the Terapeak research directly in the listing...looks interesting.
So can it be a smooth transaction or will I loose everything making the switch or switching back?
By all means give it a try! Don't they have a free trial? Nevermind the fact that it has supposedly been nothing but trouble for those who tried it (not to mention the extra cost just to use it.) And the terapeak info...it's like 3 weeks of data that you can already get for free with the terapeak app on ebay. Just go to the pond forums and see what is being said. Maybe ask a few questions about what you are looking for in regards to inventory or whatnot. Most bigger sellers I know use separate software to manage their inventory-did you try any of those? I know time is money, and you don't want to waste it by staying here if it's not helping you.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.