Skip to main content

Hi Community,

Thank you for keeping us apprised of the difficulties you are encountering when uploading your images. Our technical team is still investigating these uploading errors and will put a permanent solution in place as soon as possible, but I am still uncertain when we may be able to fully resolve the issue causing these errors.

The monitoring we have put in place to recognize when these errors are occurring and quickly resolve them definitely seems to have helped, but we understand that some users are still encountering difficulties of this nature at various times.

I will continue to update this thread as any additional information regarding this issue becomes available. We apologize for the continue difficulties and appreciate your patience as we work to address this issue.

-Mike
I can confirm that uploads had trouble from 5:00pmEST time to ;past 7:00PM EST time Saturday 12/15

I can also confirm that all I did when the message about an Upload problem came up I went to the screen and clicked Upload again. It picked up from where it had left off. So time consuming yes but at least continuing was easy enough
Hi Community,

Thanks for continuing to keep us posting on the image uploading difficulties you are experiencing. As some recent contributors to this thread have noted, some additional uploading errors of this nature arose this weekend and we were able to make some adjustments to alleviate the errors.

Our technical team is still investigating the cause of these errors and we will put a solution in place to prevent errors of this nature from occurring on occasion, but I am still uncertain when we may be able to do so at this point.

I will continue to update this thread as any additional information regarding this issue becomes available.

-Mike
I'm having this issue today. I can't upload and half the time I can't even search my Auctiva images. I keep getting:

An error has occurred during the processing of your request. Please try again or file a support case if this problem continues.

Please don't tell me to clear cache/cookies, because that's always the first thing I try!
Yep....trinkets is right again.

Here is cut paste of relevant part:

Expert help just a click away

Trained, courteous experts
Available 24x7
Access help by phone, chat or email

Just found it as I had thought before of possible upgrade when in emergency mode...but 2 calls month, for me I may need 4 in one month and then not need again for months and months...as when it rains it pours for me.

Anyone else had experience using their 24-7, 2 a month, if so please share you experience with us so we will know if we should upgrade for this service.

Thanks all for your guidance.
Calm Like a Bomb....have you written support to ask about the 24-7 support and 2 calls a month, etc. If not you may want to do that. I know..sounds crazy to write support to ask about support? Confused If you do please let us know what they say.

Ed, I really figured that.... but guess my hope would be since we pay (if any of us do this)...that phone support would be more knowledgeable or helpful than other...as getting 2 calls a month if you get a rep that is not so hot would not be so hot! As you really could make 3 or 4 on same subject within a day if they are not up to speed.

I am hoping someone who HAS used this will come forward with their experience on this. I know I have read on forums in past that a couple of people upgraded so hopefully they will come on and respond.

IF no one steps forward...maybe a new thread would ignite some interest as with subject being what it is, if they are not having same problem they may just ignore post so would not read this far down. If no response tomorrow, I may just start new thread asking about it (if I remember).
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hi Calm Like A Bomb,

I'm sorry to hear about the image uploading difficulties you encountered over the weekend. I was able to locate your support case and noticed that you closed it before we had a chance to respond to it so I am hopeful that means you are now able to upload images successfully once again.

We are still seeing behavior of this nature on occasion and our technical team is working to prevent these occurrences, but all I can really recommend if you encounter something like this again for now is to try again and see if you get a different result.

If you were to upgrade your account to include Live Support, you would be able to contact us via phone or live chat between the hours of 9 AM and 6 PM PST, Sunday through Friday. Although Live Support is only available during these hours, we still have representatives available to respond to written cases like the one you filed around the clock.

Even though our description of the Live Support options indicates phone support is limited to 2 calls of up to 30 minutes in length per month, we generally only enforce that subscription when we feel the system is being abused. I don't foresee it being problematic if you need to call in 3 or 4 times during a given month in general, as long as the calls are not excessive in length.

I hope this helps!

-Mike
When I reach Auctiva image selection, the pop up page keeps running in to error. That means I can not choose the photos for the item being listed. My entire auctiva image managing does not load either, runs in to error.... Auctiva support seems to be still sleeping as well.
This happened 2 weeks ago as well and took them 2 full days to resolve. Is anyone else having these problems?
it only seems to happen to one of my auctiva accounts. Not sure why I am singled out.
Hi bluebirds15,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. We are aware of the issue that is preventing you from being able to load the Select Images page at the moment and our technical team is currently working to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

I am unable to provided a specific estimate of when the issue will be resolved at the moment, but I will update you through this thread as soon as the issue has been addressed or I can get an estimate of when we will have a solution in place.

We apologize for any inconveniences this issue may be causing.

-Mike
Hi bluebirds15 (& ed neff),

I just received an update on this issue from our technical team and we believe the issue which was causing you to be unable to access the Select Images page is now fully resolved, so I am hopeful that you will be able to add images to your listings once again at this time.

Although we only saw errors of this nature with respect to a subset of accounts in our system, I cannot rule out the possibility that any given account could have been impacted by this issue.

I ended up posting an announcement about this issue on the following thread of the News section of our forum as well and have posted a similar update there: https://community.auctiva.com/e...1020411/m/1687067726

If you encounter any further errors of this nature moving forward, please don't hesitate to let us know through the open support case you filed on the subject earlier this morning.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
I am having the same issue....it is not letting me choose photos. Listings I do from eBay are effortless and easy, Auctiva listings have been getting very troublesome.

Between slow processing of listings, recurring uploading issues, mysterious changing fonts, disappearing/reappearing images, item specific bugs, and the fact that eBay lets you upload many photos for free now.....I am beginning to wonder why I use Auctiva.
Hi bluebirds15 & jmsswr,

We have spent a good deal of time today looking into the source of these errors which are occurring in some accounts and we are planning on making some adjustments tonight which we hope will lead to some improvement in this area.

Although I am still uncertain when we will be able to get this issue resolved completely, I will keep you posted on any additional information becomes available through this thread and any support cases you may have filed on the topic.

We apologize for the continued difficulties.

-Mike
PROBLEM STILL EXIST
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi bluebirds15 & jmsswr,

We have spent a good deal of time today looking into the source of these errors which are occurring in some accounts and we are planning on making some adjustments tonight which we hope will lead to some improvement in this area.

Although I am still uncertain when we will be able to get this issue resolved completely, I will keep you posted on any additional information becomes available through this thread and any support cases you may have filed on the topic.

We apologize for the continued difficulties.

-Mike
Hi bluebirds15,

Thanks for letting us know that you have continued to encounter similar behavior since the changes we made on Friday to improve performance in this area. I received the similar message you sent in through your open support case on the topic and our engineering team is currently looking into your situation further.

I will follow up with you through your support case as additional information becomes available. We apologize for the continued difficulties.

-Mike
Tonight I cannot list because of this error:

"We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high volume of requests at this time, your request took longer than expected to process. Please retry your request again. If you continue to receive this error, please contact technical support referencing ID# f620cfbb-e910-4c1c-9d6d-a29d9aa5f0c0. Thank you."

Sunday my listings kept getting hung up in "processing".....some of them taking 5 minutes to post.

Last week it was image uploading problems.

Not to mention, the "item specific" bugs.

Auctiva used to make listing on eBay easier, and free pictures......now listing with Auctiva has become more troublesome than listing directly from eBay, and eBay has free pictures.........what are the advantages of Auctiva now?????

I cannot seem to find any advantages of using Auctiva to list anymore......
Dear bluebirds15,

Thanks for letting us know that you have started to encounter this behavior again. I was able to reproduce this issue in your account a moment ago and have made our technical team aware that you have started to encounter errors of this nature once again.

Although we had previously done some work intended to minimize errors of this nature and things appear to have improved considerably since then, we will be making some additional changes during our maintenance period scheduled for this Thursday night which we hope will fully resolve the issue.

I was able to locate the support case you filed on this subject and will contact you again through that case as any additional information becomes available. We apologize for the continued difficulties.

-Mike
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think it is reasonable to expect customers to wait until Thursday to see if you can fix it. We are being charged for this service. I can't take an unplanned vacation every time auctiva is down, many of us rely on ebay to make a living
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Dear bluebirds15,

Thanks for letting us know that you have started to encounter this behavior again. I was able to reproduce this issue in your account a moment ago and have made our technical team aware that you have started to encounter errors of this nature once again.

Although we had previously done some work intended to minimize errors of this nature and things appear to have improved considerably since then, we will be making some additional changes during our maintenance period scheduled for this Thursday night which we hope will fully resolve the issue.

I was able to locate the support case you filed on this subject and will contact you again through that case as any additional information becomes available. We apologize for the continued difficulties.

-Mike
Hi bluebirds15 (& Community),

I am pleased to report that we were able to complete the additional work I had mentioned previously during our planned maintenance period last night. As a result, we are hopeful that you will not encounter any more errors of this nature when selecting images for your listings moving forward.

If you encounter any further errors of this nature, please let us know through your open support case on the subject and we will look into the situation further. I already replied to your support case earlier, but was inclined to update this thread as well in case anyone else who has been encountering errors of this nature has been following along.

Thanks again for keeping us apprised of the behavior you have been encountering, and for bearing with us as we have been working to get the issue resolved.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.