Skip to main content

I am really tired of paying Auctiva for what has become a very poor service.

My main problem is that many of the categories that I list in now have NO item specifics listed.

Shoes is just one of those. There is just a small blank box - there are no drop downs or menus. So I cannot give item specifics of shoes I am selling eg I cannot enter that I am selling flat shoes or heels, boots or slippers. I cannot give the material, brand even the SIZE!!! ITS RIDICULOUS. I have posted some listings anyway writing descriptions as usual but its OBVIOUS that they are not getting any views on reaching Ebay which is obvious as the buyers have no search specifics to go on. I have had to go onto Ebay and manually revise every listing as the item specs are set up on Ebay but NOT on Auctiva. This is tiresome in the extreme and I should not be having to do this.

What am I paying Auctiva to do??? My listings in some categories cant be seen as Auctiva has NOT MADE UPDATES. By the way my listings are mainly auctions.

The main categories I use where there are NO ITEM SPECIFICS are ladies bags, shoes.

Auctiva need to sort this out. I have logged this as a problem using the online report system but NO-ONE has got back to me.

Auctiva this is ruining my business as buyer cannot find my listings once they get posted to Ebay. Please sort this out.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dear Bunnygirl,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing, but I am not aware of any technical problems on our end that would cause you to be unable to enter the same item specifics when listing through Auctiva as you would be able to enter when listing in the same category directly through eBay.

I also looked through our support case records but the most recent support cases I was able to find with your Auctiva username or email address on file with them were filed about 6 months ago. I suppose you could have filed a new one using a different email address though.

I opened several of your recently created listings and, while I did not that no item specifics information had been entered in them, I was able to see the "Custom Item Specifics" link under the "Category#" field in each one and all the eBay recommended Item Specifics attributes for the selected category were available in each one.

Based on what you have described, I am under the impression that the pop up window which opens up when you click the "Custom Item Specifics" link is blank. Assuming that is the case, I suspect that a pop up blocker or something else about your browser is conflicting with the functionality of this pop up window.

If you find that any pop up blockers are enabled on your browser, or any toolbar that may be installed on your browser, I recommend disabling any and all of those to see if that resolves the problem. I also recommend making sure that you are using one of our supported browsers, which are the latest versions of Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

If you need any further assistance with this issue, please contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option. If you do not receive an email confirming that your support case has been submitted upon doing so, feel free to post here and we will figure out another way to communicate about this.

We should be able to get to the bottom of this through a little troubleshooting.

-Mike
That's a bummer. Ever since I fixed my pop-up blocker setting on my browser I've never had an issue with the item specifics--they are always here, the same ones that are offered if I were to list directly on Ebay. Maybe you aren't clicking on the correct link? (the one that says "Custom Item specifics"?) If you just click the "choose item specifics" link, yes, you will have to enter them manually. I just listed a men's blazer, and I was able to select the pre-filled item specifics (style, type, length, brand, color, pattern, etc etc).

good luck at the pond. Wink unfortunately, and I don't mean this in a bad way-you are probably going to need it. You may want to keep looking.
No problems here either. Works like a charm!
LOVE auctiva. (most of the time, but like everyone/everything there are glitches but find auctiva does best to fix them) However, when auctiva began their original fee plan which was absurd I checked into inkfrog, signed up and immediately Sent 2 support questions that were fairly simple, just to check support time/and accuracy of information and neither were answered correctly and both took quite awhile to get response.

Grass always looks greener on the other side, but sometimes when we get there, we want to graze back, as was my case! (especially when auctiva put down the wacky weed and re-evaluated the original fee plan)

Good luck at Frogville!
Vickie
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hi Community,

A previous post to this thread was removed for violating our forum policies stated at https://community.auctiva.com/e...38609941/m/294608485 , specifically the part that forbids promoting, recruiting, or advertising on behalf of any competing services.

If anyone else is having difficulties using the Custom Item Specifics interface within Auctiva, please contact our customer support by mousing over the "Help" page on our site and selecting the "File Support" case option. We'll be happy to help you out!

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.