Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Luckily all my scheduled listings went through okay, but I'll keep an eye out.
I read something yesterday on the ebay boards about listings "appearing" to not have the additional characters on Ebay unless you put your cursor over the title. I freaked out when I saw your post and checked the ones the I had scheduled to list this morning, and when I looked at my active listings directly on ebay it did look like the titles were cutoff like others had said. But when I put my cursor over the title the rest of the title appears. And all my listings currently scheduled in Auctiva show the full expanded titles, so it seems to be working for me, knock on wood.
Oh my gosh you are crapping me I know you know what I want to say!! All of the words do not show up and they expect the BUYER to pay to see all of it!!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!! Or do they think the seller will pay for the buyer to see it all!!???

Thanks for letting me know. I saw on my end that entire title hit as it is on my active, and just did check like I was buying and some is cut off. Thanks for letting me know.. so I know to put most important things first!!

I am calling ebay right now!! Hope others follow and do same.
I just called they said wait time 3 minutes, was less than 1 minute. Ebay rocks with their phone service lately!! I think it is faster if you get the code # before calling.

Rep I spoke to said only one other person had reported this and they will look into it. I said, the hover over is not great that you have to get pretty close to the mark to know it is there and that buyers are not going to linger. He went into listing and said same think that if you do not "hit the mark" it does not show up. I asked specifically IF buyer or seller were going to have to pay for other letters he said NO that is already covered in fees.

I said IF all of the title is NOT going to show then the sellers need to be notified, as they will know to put their main words at front of listing..(example if you have a Twin Bed Spread, you obviously would want Twin to be close to front so it shows rather than last). He agreed and said he will send over to engineers.

Again, would not hurt if they got massive calls! Do not depend on other people as most figure, Oh, others will do it and then very few do it!
Scheduled listing will not accommodate the 80 character title until possibly the next auctiva update.

If you schedule your listings you can check your titles in the scheduled items folder or edit them when they are on ebay.

Once they are in your scheduled items folder you cannot edit them there. You must delete the item and go back to closed listings to make the change.
While we are on the titles. . any chance of getting this fixed so we can see entire title bar without having to jog backwards.

We are 19 spaces from being able to see entire title without running back & forth to see what we typed. I have a very short memory and find I am going back and forth more than I would like doing this.

Auctiva any chance of doing this???

Thanks

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.