Skip to main content

THIS IS INSANITY..inconvenient..and glitches..lots of them..I decided to roll with it..even though it would take time from listing for one cent today..forget it..this new program has problems..lots of them..I'm frustrated. Its not right to pull out a new program that has problems at this time..the holidays..I just got off the phone with auctiva and asked to speak with someone..this is wrong..very wrong. I wouldn't mind if it were efficient..but it is not ..yet
I spoke with customer service who said it would not be reversed. I think we should start compiling the problems:

1. Reverts back to new page each time you save even if you click that you want to stay on the old page.

2. Doesn't apply filters properly ..has a mind of its own
3. Doesn't retain filters after you save or even if you want to go back with the arrow key..back to start again
4. Difficult to maneuver out after you have applied a filter..need to start over basically

Each of these things are inferior to the old version and need to be fixed. Basically, a lot more tedious and time consuming and irritating because you know that a couple days ago, you were using a superior product. I got frustrated, called customer service and then came here.

If they are not going to change it back, they need to know what to fix.

Peace
I just filed a support case with the above problems in it..actually, filing a support case is the way to go. I don't know if others are having the same problems, I bet there are others but I found so many in the first half hour of use that I just had to pull waste the last hour calling customer support, coming here, and then cooling down enough to file a support case...this is not my problem however and I dont think I should have to take time to deal with it. Hope they fix it..because the truth is, that auctiva is a great program and service. Really. This was poorly planned release of this as yet unready version. Hopefully, they fix it..or un do it for now.
I hate to say this yellowfeather.. but Support the way to go?? IF you read my last responses back from support you would forget support, unless the support you use is different than mine. Smile Thing is if it is NOT on forums people are generally told "you are only one with that problem" It is browser, IP provider, cookies, cache, router. If it is not out in the open it gets filed with the only person with problem file.

In the open forums others can put their thoughts and we realize we are not the only one with problems.

Rolling this out without it being "NEW and IMPROVED" is almost as bad as the roll out of the shipping which was NOT ready when rolled out. It was outdated day it was released. Only difference, on that we could just look and stick with old postal service. On this we are being forced to take many steps to do go around a system they set up that is only calling misery and time delays for most of us. Especially during the holidays.

Auctiva.. how about reverting back until you have this NEW AND IMPROVED ready to launch.

Auctiva has acknowledged that there are issues and it may take time to fix this.. in meantime, I think they should just fix it back old way until they fully get it together.

I do find it strange that NOT ONE Auctiva person has said what the improvements are even though this has been asked many times. Do they know.. I am beginning to wonder????
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Congratulations Patbrock, you win the prize!!! Big Grin. You found Waldo!! (have to have a bit of humor here) but is not intended at you personally!. . just messing!! But again, why can't auctiva, just tell us about the great features so we do not have to play hide and seek. . as this time of year I am not big on games.

I did see that today and love the way it is cosmetically framed it sure adds to the picture, but really see no real use for it that I could not live without, other than waiting on another pop-up.

I no longer have a biggest issue, I just think this is nonsense and have not found one really redeeming thing on here.. but am again, Auctiva willing to look at it all again if you tell me what to look for that is NEW and IMPROVED. (hate to sound negative, but I just do not see it).

It is obvious that this is going to be ignored. . .hoping it will die and go away or that we will learn to live with it. I am sure on Monday the posts are at least reviewed and this was fairly hot topic over end of last week and week-end. I would guess others have written support also.

Very frustrating if you relist from your saved page. . especially.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
i hate it too...it has that 'reading pane' look that Yahoo email is always trying to get me to switch to. When you scroll, the listings go up under the reading pane and you can't see them. I see no benefit to this at all. I have left 'feedback' for it a bunch of times already and even filed a support case (no answer at all)

I've been with Auctiva almost from the beginning and I've never had any problems. But things are different now, this reminds me too much of Ebay's abysmal changes. I have to put up with that carp from them, but I don't have to put up with it here. When my membership expires I doubt I'll be coming back...I really can't see paying for this mess Frown

This is one of those things that should be OPTIONAL...just like the 'new' look the supersized images had? Remember that? I hated that too and apparently so did everyone else cause that WAS made optional. (And I have yet to see one of those 'new' supersize options in any Ebay listings) If Auctiva were still free then yes, I could live with this..but I don't want to have to pay for it.
The new page is here to stay, and the design is very attractive, so what do Auctiva need to do to make everyone happy?

Basically Auctiva needs to make the page work exactly like the old one.

Problem: It's very difficult to see which folder each item is in.
Solution: Each item should have the folder color as the background.

Problem: The default scrolling with "fixed header" is not appropriate for users with low-resolution monitors, where only a very few items are visible on the page. It also gives problems with printing.
Solution: Make "no fixed header" the default.

Problem: It's irritating having to rechoose filter and sort criteria every time one returns to the page after going into an item.
Solution: Make the filter and sort criteria "sticky".

With these changes everyone I think will be happy with the new page. Until then perhaps Auctiva should consider reverting to the old page as default.

Patrick
I feel a whole lot of people are going to go away after the holidays, once they have a little time to try out a competitor. The constant changes (maybe they need busy work for their programmers) make no sense, especially when they don't seem to be asking the customers what they want and then following through on their requests. Activa really does not care about the customer base. I found that out when they stopped supporting their bulk offline uploader. I know for a lot of you, you like the templates. I really don't care either way. Does nothing to my sales with or without. I had thought (silly me) that when I took a downloaded ebay listing and uploaded it to another site, that the Auctiva image would stay with the listing. Checking this morning, I find that isn't the case at all. I'll double check to be certain by deleting an Auctiva image I know is being used on another site and see if my image disappears. I'm guessing not which will mean that I will be seriously looking at other software. For $10 a month, Auctiva does nothing but give me headaches.
I agree with a lot of you, this "NEW and IMPROVED" saved listing page should be returned to the folks who designed it. It is definitely work in progress. Now it has been turned up to the default and it just doubles my time to accomplish anything. Auctiva should dump the worthless "NEWS Releases" and spend more time talking to their customers.
quote:
Originally posted by patbrock:
Problem: It's irritating having to rechoose filter and sort criteria every time one returns to the page after going into an item.

Patrick

I started a 'New Saved Listing' thread but have been pointed to this one ( Mods: You can remove the thread I started ). I totally agree with your above point Patrick it is annoying as hell but is the only beef I have with the New page at the moment
What gets me is that we are paying for this service...but we were never asked if we wanted a new listing page. No surveys, no polls, no warning. And even now, looks like most of us posting here don't like it, we are told it will STILL be kept as the default. This is becoming WAY too much like Ebay with their incessant changes. Every day it's a new learning curve with them, I am so disappointed it's going to happen here too Frown

With the old listing page I can see almost 5 full listings. With the new one I can only see 3. The endless scrolling is making me crazy. (I TRIED to get used to it, I really did...NOT gonna happen) I actually listed some stuff the other day directly through Ebay..and it was SO easy I couldn't believe it! Pics uploaded in seconds (not minutes like here). My fonts actually stayed the same (an issue I've been having here for years) I didn't hve to go back and revise a listing without a gallery pic because the 'server was unavailable'

No matter how I try i cannot see anything new and improved about this new listing page. And for the first time EVER I did not get an answer to my support case...that says a mouthful right there. Very disappointed with the turn this is taking...
Last edited by member8880
quote:
The new page is here to stay, and the design is very attractive, so what do Auctiva need to do to make everyone happy?

Problem: The default scrolling with "fixed header" is not appropriate for users with low-resolution monitors, where only a very few items are visible on the page. It also gives problems with printing.

With these changes everyone I think will be happy with the new page. Until then perhaps Auctiva should consider reverting to the old page as default.

Patrick

These are all EXCELLENT points...so I wonder WHY it isn't being done??? This would be something EVERYONE could live with. I myself would be happy if the Fixed Header would stay unchecked!!! Sick of going back & forth!
quote:
Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
Hi Nana.. I think auctiva supports foxfire and internet explorer. . so should work.

Found a post here which had me try to use IE after waiting for over 10 minutes for the "saved listings" page to open in FireFox. Then had to go back to Firefox to upload photos because of some software add-on that I don't have on IE because I DON'T USE IE!!!!!
quote:

Patrick

My sentiments exactly (almost)! Plus add the NOTES field. It's been asked for and promised for years. I could live with the old or the new, if I only had the NOTES field. Anyone agree!!!! Roll Eyes
This is getting quite comical, the people who pay are speaking LOUD and CLEAR and Auctiva has put on one response that they will fix the colors of folders to more than a sliver.

Well, the has been on the TO DO list in the FEATURE CENTER (my word is Suggestion Box/Center) for quite a long time.

I do notice the Feature Center was updated since my last post removing the Multi-site being done. So it has been at least looked at.

Here are FEATURES on the TO DO list. . most have been here for a very long time.

Suggested Features
To-Do List
Completed Features

0 Users have voted

Incorporate Item Specifics into Listing Page, rather than pop-up

view description
view comments (8)
add comment

0 Users have voted

Custom note field

view description
view comments (13)
add comment

0 Users have voted

Use Auctiva to upload to other selling sites

view description
view comments (6)
add comment

0 Users have voted

Delete related Images when a Listing is Deleted

view description
view comments (14)
add comment

Of course, instead of working on things that help, a new SAVED PAGE was done. . and is being followed by what needs to be a major overhaul that there is NO ETA on and they have agreed to change ONE thing "FOLDER COLORS" only.

This is to follow with SAME think on closed, etc., sheets. Sooooooo we better LOVE it because it is coming to all. I can't wait. . . guess they figured we could not wait until Christmas for our gift.. so they gave us an early present that we want to RETURN!! (as this is for sure a WHITE ELEPHANT early gift).

I can't believe it is that difficult to revert to the old page where most were perfectly content with, they switched it pretty quick, how about switching it back or having fixed so we can use old. I NEVER EVER read on forums OR on the "feature center" (suggestion center) one word of people whining about the saved listing page. Guess they got tons of support requests for it???

Since Auctiva has NOT responded with the NEW AND IMPROVED part of this, I can assume that nothing is NEW AND IMPROVED. Again, Auctiva how about attempting to sell this to us. . . give us a reason to LOVE it!!

I am glad others are chirping in here.. as just a few of us says that. . that we are 2 or 3 whiners!!

Auctiva??????? IF you are not going to make the changes why don't you just say "WE ARE NOT> > NOT> > NOT going to change it back. . and we are ONLY going to change the folder color so it will be like the old, but that could take awhile so just suck it up while we fix what worked fine before.

Auctiva???
I suspect the whole operation is offshored. Unless there is a script for the problem, you can't be helped. Every once in a while someone with a little tech knowledge checks in and answers a question. I remember when I was asking questions (as were many)about Mr Poster. Never a response. Months later we heard something. I believe there is still a Mr Poster forum, though the software is no longer maintained Not only wouldn't we sell anything, Our DSR's would be trashed to the point where we COULDN'T sell anything. It's not just us. If you check out comparison reviews of auction software sites, Auctiva has dropped considerably.
All,

Please see Rebecca's post here explaining what we are doing with the saved listing page. We have heard the feedback on the page and are responding.

For now we have already reverted the old saved listing page back as the default while we make the changes mentioned in her post. This is temporary. We will be bring the new page back next year with the changes Rebecca listed.
Hi- frankly I would LOVE for auctiva to give us a list of the NEW features rather than having us treasure hunt ourselves. Through 4 pages of forum notes Auctiva has not once told us what was added to sell this to us??? I have asked this MANY< MANY times and auctiva can't find the words to tell us??? IF we knew all of the great NEW features then maybe we could have overlooked some of the bad. But when not one person who works for company who threw this out there can tell you the improved I find that a problem. It seems as if someone may have been head scratching and saying, now tell me again, why did we do this, what is improved, could we not have just added to old page??? And maybe "WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS??" As far as deleting photos, that could have been added to old one also. Frankly I rarely delete pictures because of later use I usually put in a sold file because I have had to re-use 100's of them again, so if it could move both to the file you want them in then yes, that would be great.

I would still like to be able to choose, and still would love to know about the great features.

Patbrock, frankly, I have yet to find one forums OR feature center where people asked for a new listing page even thought Butterflies says people asked for it??? I wish someone would post that forum?? I doubt if people will ask for a new one, especially if memories of this one come back. My frank feeling is auctiva NOR ebay or anyone else should launch something like this during holidays, OR without testing it first and being ready to "SELL IT!!!!!" To me this is just like the shipping, was launched without full thought going into it and introducing it at its best and SELLING IT!! If it had been ready to launch there would have been no "real" need for a contest to get people to try it, they would have seen, it loved and and thought, this will make my life easier. Just my thoughts though.

Again, auctiva, can you tell us what the NEW and IMPROVED will be and what is going to be fixed when re-introduced.

Thanks
I think the major improvement with the new page is cosmetic. Whoever designed the new page did a very nice job, the page is attractive to look at and (once the “bugs” have been sorted out) very intuitive to use. I like it.

As an experienced user, these cosmetic improvements of course don't matter too much, I'd prefer a couple of new features. But (I shouldn't say this too loud in case Auctiva is listening) I'm not going to leave Auctiva, even if they in the future never introduce even a single new feature. As long as I list on eBay, I'll be using Auctiva.

But if I were a new user on my free one-month trial, these cosmetic improvements would matter - nicely designed and easy-to-use pages give a good impression of the product, and I'll be far more likely to fork out some dollars once the trial period is over. And the more success Auctiva has attracting new customers, the better for everyone, also for us "old" users.

So I suspect some cosmetic improvements may well turn out to be an excellent investment for Auctiva and indirectly for us all.

Patrick
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.