Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, I think this is probably related to the comment I have made in the 'using store window in web pages' thread.

Of course I will defer to the Auctiva guys if I'm wrong, but I think the gallery code doesn't include the full URL for each item as this is different for every eBay site.

In other words, the code will work on any eBay listing but not on your own website, as it is trying to find the listing WITHIN your own website.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Neil
Hi all,

Yeah, we recently made a change so that the store window would make sure to keep a buyer on the eBay site they were browsing. i.e., if they were browsing the eBay UK site, they would stay on the UK site instead of getting bounced to the eBay US site.

As a result of this, it caused the store window to not work on people's own home pages.

We do plan on changing this, so that it will work properly in all situations, but in the mean time, you can try this:

Edit the HTML for your store window that you're using on your personal webpage.

Change this HTML:
&baseurl='+escape(location.href.substring(0, location.href.lastIndexOf('/') + 1))

with:
'

-Kevin
Wow, thanks for the help everyone. I made the new token but as stated above the links are not working from my webpage. I wrote this post because when I first published my webpage the links were loading directly off my website. When I changed my user name on eBay they stopped loading and I received the 404 error. It would be real nice to have them load with no problems off of personal websites but I understand the coding issue but anything is possible, keep up the good work.

Thanks again,
Dave
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Kevin K.:
Hi all,

Yeah, we recently made a change so that the store window would make sure to keep a buyer on the eBay site they were browsing. i.e., if they were browsing the eBay UK site, they would stay on the UK site instead of getting bounced to the eBay US site.

As a result of this, it caused the store window to not work on people's own home pages.

We do plan on changing this, so that it will work properly in all situations, but in the mean time, you can try this:

Edit the HTML for your store window that you're using on your personal webpage.

Change this HTML:
&baseurl='+escape(location.href.substring(0, location.href.lastIndexOf('/') + 1))

with:
'

-Kevin

Yep, worked like a charm. Thank you!
I copied my store HTML into notepad, did a 'find' for the text you specified - replaced it with the apostrophe and we are golden.

And I believe it will send the viewer to the ebay site where the item was listed...if I am not mistaken.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.