Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This is an excellent article and I have been following this strategy even before this was written. You also should keep the price in mind that one pays for items, look at what's going, and don't rely soley on eBay to find stuff to resell. lastly, look at your business and try to identify new markets outside ebay to sell on. For one, I sell now to dealers of postcards and basically keep everything that's better. No matter what economy - people want bargains! You'll have to do more gimmicks to get buyers. Reward a coupon and free shipping, but don't give the house away. eBay doesn't really let sellers set conditions as to free shipping; however one can list s polcviy in the description field. My own website at www.mjmcoversandpostcards has items well be,ow what one finds at eBay. Looking into a website might be also a good way to sell. Ebay isn't the only site that increased selling fees. i see that this happened also on stampwants. Lastly, this is not the time to increase fees and keep restricting people. Hopefull auctiva Commerce won't require people to register as to shopping on a sellers store.
Hi, thanks for the article, great tips! I have one to add and hope you consider putting it in your next newsletter. I am a power seller on ebay and if there were such a thing, I would be considered a power buyer as well. At any given time I have the max limit on saved searches on ebay, that's how I shop. Ebay sends me an email everytime someone lists something I am looking for. My tip & suggestion to sellers is - if an item doesn't sell after the 2nd time, wait until sales pick up and relist again at a lower price for 2 more times. The reason I say 2 times is because ebay allows you to relist a 2nd time for free, if the items sell. If they don't sell, donate the items to your favorite non profit because they will most likely never sell. Don't forget to check the "completed listings" to make sure your pricing isn't too high even after you lower it. I can't tell you the number of times ebay has sent me the same item from the same seller dozens of times. They don't lower the price but keep on listing. Some I have seen come up every 7 days for months....never selling. This is a huge waste of money and the seller will end up paying more in fees than the item is worth. This sounds like selling 101 but sellers are actually doing this as we speak. Thanks!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.