Skip to main content

I'm just setting my store up and discovered there's a big problem with links. Right now there are only a few items in there in two categories. If you click on one of the two categories displayed on right, like "collectibles", that works fine---the two books listed in that category appear. But then if you click on "all items" to return to main list, you get a page that says no items are in that category.

Somewhere else here I read Danno's message to that clicking on "home" might return one to full listings, so I try that but get the same results.

I want to keep the plain template I chose but am a little concerned about ironing out this glitch, a fix without which my store will not be useful.

Thanks for any help.

here is the store:

http://www.bibliotypebooks.com
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hmmm....it's a little worse than I described b/c apparently now it's stuck in the mode described in previous post so that even if you type in the basic URL (given above) you get the page I got after trying to go from collectibles back to all items.

I tried from another browser and a different computer so I don't think it's this browser.
Yep...it appears to be a very buggy template. Frown

This one also appears to be running a Javascript xpopup.js against local port 37935, which was associated with another Store template problem I recently saw. Confused It's in the same location, immediately after the metatags (those aid in getting you in search engines, e.g. Google search). To see what I'm seeing, just do right mouse click on the store browser page and select view source (in IE).

I would recommend you let Support know by opening a Support Case.

Danno
Thanks, Danno. I saw the other dialogue you had with someone who was presenting that kind of bug and couldn't remember if that seller was using the same template but do remember her switching to a flame template. I did file a support ticket and if this template has some bugs then they should be able to pretty easily repair it, hopefully.

Thanks and I'll post again once it's fixed to advise what happened.
You are right...that is really weird.

What's REALLY weird is that it is working fine on Firefox and only when I saw your post and double-checked on Safari did I see it is in fact not working, even though the subtitle was removed.

Nobody's responded to me from customer service. Hopefully they'll see this.

Thanks for the report. I would not otherwise have known.
Yes, it's strange, isn't it? On Firefox every single link is working properly. This morning that was not true.

This afternoon I noticed the subheader had been deleted and that the store was working on Firefox and so assumed it was fixed. But now it doesn't work on your browsers or Safari.

Is there any setting on Firefox that could possibly account for that? So weird!

Thanks for letting me know about your browsers.
Looked again just now, and still failing.

BTW....I can get the full 20 items to restore by clicking Blog (or About Us or Contact US) and then Home. I'm also seeing some corruption and/or stray code appearing and/or paint errors with problems like the Display and Categories frame dropping all the way to the bottom of the page. The stray code is appearing, e.g. "i>" appearing under All Items and "class="timeLeft">6d 10h 28m" under List View - Picture Gallery.

Danno

Edit: SGM, I decided to do a screen capture of that stray code issue, so support could clearly see what I'm seeing. Hopefully, it will expedite a fix for you.

Last edited by danno
Thank you, Danno. I do not know how to get customer service to look at this thread and realize that there is a problem. If they look at the HTML they will see the corrupt code you describe. I am going to try to see if I can phone them. I think they just looked at it on Firefox (or maybe another browser works, too) and decided everything was fine.

But what remains true is that the sub-title from my store name was physically removed from the HTML yesterday. So how could that happen if Auctiva didn't do it?

Thanks a lot for your support on this. Otherwise I'd think I was imagining things, heh.
quote:

Edit: SGM, I decided to do a screen capture of that stray code issue, so support could clearly see what I'm seeing. Hopefully, it will expedite a fix for you.

Haha. I didn't see that when I just posted. Thanks. You are really nice to do that. In the meantime I also left a voice mail for support. Auctiva is just terrific and I am sure they are just seeing the store in a browser where it inexplicably functions fine.
Hi Community,

Thanks for your help in bringing this issue to our attention. The problem described in this thread is occurring due to a known issue with our system that we expect to have resolved as part of our site update that will be taking place a little bit later this morning.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please contact our customer support team using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
Don't you enjoy operating in a feedback system and customer support system that REALLY WORKS vs., well, you know who. Big Grin

I think they had this one already figured-out, if they are rolling a fix that quick.

You're welcome. Glad I could contribute.

Danno

YES. And never, ever to be taken for granted!!

Thanks!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.