Skip to main content

Having used Auctiva for listing very successfully for a few weeks before Christmas, I was extremely impressed. I particularly liked: the easy WYSIWYG listing tools; templates; store window - yes I know some people don't but what a great cross promotion tool!; reasonably fast response to queries.
I didn't like:not being able to list offline, particularly because of occasional problems with site availability/hiccups;lack of any post sales resources - we are about to set up an eBay store and 'go large', so slowness of using my eBay systems will prove a real stop on business; having to use mozilla firefox to reduce problems;

Because of this, I have been trying Auctionsage, which does offer post sales tracking and has the best customer service ever direct from the designer himself (who also created eBud), but ..... it is proving really difficult to get to grips with. I thought I was reasonably IT literate, but the community boards are full of techies and I can't get to grips with the basics!

So today, I came back to my tried and tested freind and boy what a pleasure to be back. But: what plans for offline versions of the FREE auctiva (I have read in the community pages that Auctiva Classic is not as sophisticated); and what about the tricky issue of post sales process, e.g. sending bulk emails, tracking payments etc? How well does eBud work? Do you have plans coming soon for some sort of integrated system - free or reasonably priced! Please advise! Roll Eyes
Original Post
Hello Gill,

We have been using Auctiva for a few months now with our listings and have enjoyed it tremendously! We are looking forward to Phase II and hope the post sales management, etc. will be great to use also.

We do have an eBay store, and in the meantime use Selling Manager (it comes free with the store) for sales management. You can send bulk emails with Selling Manager, and it also does a good job of keeping track of items waiting for payment, shipment, etc. You can also leave feedback in bulk if you choose to. We currently use Auctiva to list and Selling Manager for sales management, and it has worked out pretty good so far.

When Auctiva releases their Phase II, we will take a look at what all they have to offer and decide then if we will want to switch completely or not. We would also like to use Auctiva's checkout if they are able to combine invoices sometime in the future.

If you open a store, give Selling Manager a try. After all, it is free with your store, and you can still use Auctiva to list.

I read that Auctiva's Phase II (which is supposed to include post sales management) is expected to be released sometime in May. It seems like a long wait, but some things are worth waiting for!

nightowls

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.