Skip to main content

I'm going to keep looking at other intl sites to compare rates. Even though it wont be free, perhaps one of the other ones will be slightly cheaper than the US/.com site.

Of course, there's the whole currency thing, but paypal will convert funds for a fee (2.something %). So, if cheap enough, might still be worth it.

Another reason I'm looking at other sites is for the intl. sales. Many of the sites do not automatically pull up US/.com items so items arent been seen by all potential customers. Between the person having to select 'worldwide' and the person having to select to search store inventory, makes it really tough to get seen on some of the sites.

Anyway, I cant do a whole lot of checking and comparing right away (because of leaving for shows), but will be doing bit by bit as time affords. When I get it all put together, will post on forums with info.

Meanwhile, I think do like Donna suggested and work on own site, ecrater, etc. and then focus on using ebay as a means to draw customers to your site rather than looking at ebay as a venue.
I thought GoDaddy was alot cheaper than that.

I purchased my domain names from
http://www.namecheap.com for 8.99, Googled for a coupon code, found it and it lowered it down to around 7.00.

Googling coupon codes for any online purchase from a store, internet site, renting cars, whatever you're fancy..it's well worth the effort.

I just checked and GoDaddy's price is..8.95

There are also web templates out there to be found..I have close to 2000 templates that came with my domain name purchase.

Copy and paste the html into notepad and make the changes..voila, done! I realize that's not so WYSIWYG, but it's also helping a person to learn some basic html, too.

Whatever domain name you do use..be sure to get the WHOIS Privacy, it will protect your email, name, address and phone number from the public's eye.

My Best,
Donna
I have my URL through http://www.RealWebSurf.comfor $5.95 a month. I use to have it through Yahoo, but had some financial problems where I didn't have a credit card for a couple of months. I told them I'd pay a few months up front, but they said if I didn't have a credit card, my site would shut down. I transfered to RealWebSurf, but Yahoo wouldn't release my domain, so I had to change one letter (after 5 years) and just take the punch. I've been with RealWebSurf for about 3 years now and had no problems. Plus, they'll accept PayPal for payment if that's the way you choose or have to go.
If you buy a domain name, you should buy just the domain name from a name seller as a stand alone item. You will then have the rights to ownership forever as long as you pay the yearly competitive fee.

If you buy a domain name linked to a website combo, it is likely that if you ever make a move, that the name will stay with the website seller. However they would have to pay NOAN a fee and likely will let it go in about 2 months, so keep search on your original name because it will likely become available again.

If you ever need to tranfer a name to another cheaper seller, then you must do this at least 60 days before expiration since this is an ICANN rule. I found this out the hard way.

Domain names can be bought stand alone for even less than 8.95. I had a place recently for 5.95, but no bells and whistles of anykind, just the basics.
quote:
Originally posted by A1 Virtual Trader:
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
Actually you have this URL too:

http://store.auctiva.com/Suthrnjewl

This link doesn't work for me... I get a "Server Not Found" error. Anyone else get this or is it just me?

Me Neither.

I'm hoping he was intimating that it would work in the future..as in my makeyourownandsave.ecrater.com and others work.

Suthrnjewl<---can be found

Thanks for the heads up A1,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Daddyo:
Domain names can be bought stand alone for even less than 8.95. I had a place recently for 5.95, but no bells and whistles of anykind, just the basics.

I buy all of my domain names stand alone, just the basics. I then buy hosting and work from there.

I've heard stories about those who buy package deals and it not working out.

At least this way, I'm in control of both in a round about way because they're separate.

My Best,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.