Skip to main content

Images are viewable for some strange reason if you go to the VIEW SELLERS ITEMS link, even the new enlargements!

Put a notice on you auction and store home page that reads:

ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

OUR IMAGE HOST IS TEMPORARLIY DOWN, TO VIEW PRODUCT IMAGES UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS FIXED,

PLEASE GO TO THE VIEW SELLERS ITEMS LINK TO SEE THE IMAGES.

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was able to even include a link. I also mentioned other seller's images being down - I thought maybe we could all do this and help get the word out to shoppers (see my last line):

ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

OUR IMAGE HOST IS TEMPORARLIY DOWN, TO VIEW PRODUCT IMAGES UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS FIXED,

PLEASE GO TO OUR
VIEW SELLERS OTHER ITEMS STORE or LIST TO SEE!
VIEW SELLERS OTHER ITEMS STORE LINK TO SEE THE IMAGES

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
Many seller's pictures are down
try this on their auctions too
and you should be able to see the pics
Well, maybe put it on some of the key listings ending tonight.
I'm just as freaked but at least this helps a little.

Also you could 0ffer for them to email for more pics (unless you're like me and delete them once uploaded to Auctiva).

Anyhow - I was happy to have figured this out -I know it's not ideal - but it's something.

Maybe Auctiva could ask eBay to post this info - how many eBay listings are effected, I wonder?
If anyone from Auctiva is reading this, PLEASE try to find a way to get this information out to sellers and BUYERS too!

-Ellie
Not only that, but if you REVISE your auction, remember it disappears from search until Ebay "clears" it, so if you've only got 15 or so hours left before an auction ends, the auction won't be viewable by search for hours so revising anything now is definitely not an option unless you don't want the buyer to see ANYTHING at all.
You're a bitter person.
Like anything else - S*#$ happens and it's how you deal with those situations.
This is my livelyhood as well and I too have many auctions ending tonight - many with lots of watchers - I'm sure I'll get hit hard.
Sorry again - I was simply trying to help.
You need to deal with your issues - learn some patience - maybe YOU created this with your piss-poor attitude!
EBliss..As I was reading the Posts I thought..hey this person has a good Attitude (Meaning you) wish I had this kind of mindset to be so forgiving and patient..but as The posts went on you became a VIPER..lol..Maybe you need to clean your own House of Karma..before you go telling people how to deal with their problems..Have a little compassion for those who really are SUFFERING because of this dillema.It seems that they are directing their frustrations in the RIGHT place rather than at each other!!!
Hey eBliss,

Remember this,,,some are looking for a solution

and some are not. If you give them the solution...then what would they complain about.

A solution is not always a "perfect fix" but it beats doing nothing at all.

We are all in the same boat. Some of us just don't have listings ending right now. I think most of us do have compassion for anyone who might have listings ending now or in the next while. That being said, is no reason for anyone to bash someone who is only trying to help & offer up a little advice.

It just might help the rest of us as it did me.

Just take what info you can use and throw out the rest. It's not a 'one size fits all' scenario.

And I do really feel for those having auctions ending during this difficult time. Smile
Great points & truly taken to heart.
Funny - because when I first realized this my first thought was to post it here...I felt for EVERYONE dealing with this.
I posted the info BEFORE even changing my own listings and even went thru the steps to register (I've never posted here before).

So when I was getting the downer responses, I guess it pulled the rug out.

Anyhow - thanks - back to my listings now.

FYI - I did contact Auctiva and eBay re: getting the info out there - we'll see.
eBliss -

Yes that does work, at least they can see a small photo, better than none at all.

Works if you click on "seller's other items"

LIST view or STORE view

If you have a store, you can always add a message in the vacation area. (better than nothing). I don't put my items on vacation, I just add a large red message..stating the issue.

I'm sure it will be fixed soon, I'll pray!

Check on the link below to see..it works
(ok, it works for me)
To eBliss,
Can't imagine how wimom "really bummed you out".
I don't see any bashing, just a person saying something isn't working for them.

To Life is Like,
Don't assume someone isn't looking for a solution, just because they say one that was offered isn't working for them.

Lucky you that your auctions aren't ending and are fixable. A great many people are losing money evry minute this goes on and are freaking out, looking for any help and solution they can get.

Don't get all uptight, cause your advice didn't work for them
Reply to ebliss......I think what you did was FANTASTIC !! You just tried to help. I followed what you did. I have about 20 auctions ending tomorrow night and I modified them all with your message and link. With mine, you just see the thumbnails, not the enlargements. But anything helps !! Hats off and a handshake to you !! .....and remember if you handed some people a free paycheck, they would complain you folded the paper.
quote:
Originally posted by doggiejam:
Darn! It's not working for me Frown I clicked on view sellers other items and all my listings came up. I clicked on a couple different ones and it's all still white with the red x - is there another step I've missed? Thanks!

Hi doggiejam..

I don't think you're missing anything. I am only able to see the pics from the 'view seller's other item's'. Once you acutally click on the listing you will still see the Red x's. So, that is why we are trying to get the word out for buyers to click on 'other listings' although they will still only be able to see the listing photo or thumbnail photo.

Hope that made sense. LOL
Why is it the bulletin boards never go down but, the image hosting does all the time lately! I would rather the boards go out any day! This is absolutely KILLING ME and not softly either!!

I waited until just the right time to list a primo Vintage Lingerie item that should go for well over 300.00 and since it ends in 3 hours and has many bids, I can't change anything!! I can't even tell the prospective bidders why the images aren't there! I know I'm going to loose mega bucks on this item.

In addition to waiting to list it at just the right moment so it would end at what I consider the perfect time, I've spent extra money for a 10 day auction, listed it in two categories, (which automatically doubles the cost), added 13 images below the description and having all 24 image slots filled above the description, spent untold hours writing the description and taking over 500 photos to edit through and pick the Perfect ones to display... and now it was all pretty much in vain! I'm so very frustrated and believe me... this has really hurt me and my pocketbook!

This issue has never happened within Auctiva before, (at least not as long as I've been using it... nearly 2 years). Image uploading issues have surfaced numerous times lately but at least I could wait and put the auctions on at a later time.... this is a major problem and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

As soon as I realized there was a problem hours ago, I added a notice about the image hosting issue in all my auctions that would allow revision but, that doesn't help with the most important auctions that are ending this evening. And yes, the tiny gallery photo is viewable in list view however, gallery photos were designed as an attention getter only and are in no way a replacement for having all your full size images viewable within your auction. No one is going to bid on an item simply from viewing one tiny gallery photo! And since you can't revise the auction... They don't know why there are no other images.

rubberduckproductions You are right, someone is going to get the deal of the century at my expense! Like many sellers, I rely on the proceeds of my auctions for support and this has totally screwed me. I know there are many of you in the same boat and believe me, I feel your pain... to the point of tears! Thanks for listening... Lee
I have been complaining to my family about this all afternoon. I am a seller that ends all my auctions on sunday afternoon, and lists new auctions then to. Thankfully I have loyal customers that were watching and bid anyway. (on most of my items) But now I can't upload photos to list today, I hate to have this 'break' I think part of my sucess is there is always 'something' of mine listed for them to see...I don't want my customers to think I will be on vacation and not listing this week. I know its a free service, so maybe we shouldn't complain so much but o my word, I feel so helpless, as I am sure everyone else does. Glad to know I'm not the only one who is down by all this. Dawn
Thanks for the great advise......I did get a message bulk posted to all of my auctions....but do hope that the photos show up very soon! Lisa
quote:
Originally posted by dzw:
Found a great way to get that message to the listings!!
From selling manager, go to active, click on all those acutions you wish to add the message and do a bulk edit!!!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.