Skip to main content

quote:
Customizing Your eBay Experience. We're rolling out programs and working with partners that help make our sites and services, and some of the ads you see on the web, more relevant and useful to you. Naturally, because we're a transparent community, we'll identify the new ads served with this program and provide you with choices about them. Beginning in July, we'll make a new preference available in My eBay--named AdChoice--that lets you tell us whether you want us to use the information we have about you to customize the ads you see. You'll be able to sign in and change your advertising preferences in My eBay at any time. You'll also notice links on the ads we serve this way, so you'll know an ad is served with the new program and be able to set your preferences right from the ad.

Translation: "You're not clicking on enough of the popup ads, so we're going to make it more attractive for you to buy from outside vendors instead of our fee-paying sellers."
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by biscuit:
Translation: "You're not clicking on enough of the popup ads, so we're going to make it more attractive for you to buy from outside vendors instead of our fee-paying sellers."

Already the number of ebay's U.S. listings is in decline as an ever-growing number of sellers are diversifying and moving away from ebay. If ebay doesn't start taking better care of their sellers, who are paying for ebay in the first place, they are going to find out that "killing the goose that lays the golden eggs" is not just a forgotton fairy tale. I hope they wise up and stop taking sellers for granted before it is too late. The world is moving too fast for them to be complacent.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.