Skip to main content

hi - pls can someone give me some advice...I have put together a large listing in word incorporating multiple items....each item has an image next to it....I have cut and pasted the word doc into auctiva listing but the images do not show up when I go to preview or in the actually listing feature....

Do I have to uplooad each image to auctiva? if so will they then show up or will i have to insert each one again manually?

please advise...thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi,

I can see a couple of problems with the "Word" approach. Word isn't 100% HMTL compatible, so just doing a cut and paste isn't going to give you a good result. You can use "Save as" in Word and select HTML format for a possibly better result. For best result, I'd save your Word document as simple text (.txt) and use Notepad to cut and past the code into the lister. Use the lister's tools to format your text, etc.

You can't directly embed a picture (file itself) in a listing. What you can embed is a link to where a picture is stored. In this case, upload the image to Auctiva and use the "Insert an Auctiva Hosted Image" icon (next to UserLinks) on the listing editor toolbar to embed a picture. You will see the picture appear in the listing editor and can do positioning and formating there.

Hope that helps.

Danno
thanks again Danno - you're a star...

just to verify - If i have a word file that is text - image - text - image and so on...the image part of the .doc (whether I save word file as .html or .txt) will not paste into the listing...if I want to have images within my listing then they must be uploaded and hosted by auctiva directly...

yes?
quote:
just to verify - If i have a word file that is text - image - text - image and so on...the image part of the .doc (whether I save word file as .html or .txt) will not paste into the listing...if I want to have images within my listing then they must be uploaded and hosted by auctiva directly...

yes?

That's correct.

Essentially, only links to images for display in a listing can be embedded. What you put in that description box in the one-page lister is limited to text and HTML coding.

When you try an embed of a picture, switch to HTML mode on the lister and see how that linkage is coded. Wink

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.