Skip to main content

Dam you people who just talk on the NEWS site. Go to the LOUNGE if you are bored and can not work! This board supposed to be for information on the Auctiva system and not your lunch hour or where to host your photos for free. With all this sh*t in the forum how can those of us who really want information find it through all your bs!
Sharky, I didn't list Thursday because they said it would be Thursday (the server change). I didn't want my best night ending without photos. Then it changed again. And again. I had already run my 10 cent fixed price campaign for Tuesday starting last Tuesday. I had NO clue these 100 items would go into final hours with no pics. Even when I finally checked what was going on over the weekend, I had already started my shopping, pics & so on for this week. I can't not list this week due to this crap again. Had I spent my time copying the photos onto my hard drive, I would have put myself back a couple days (just for those fixed priced listings). My family just moved into a new house & I barely had time to list & had to deal with this.

For those that mention free, it isn't free. You pay for it in some way, by referral or loss of revenue. I don't use Auctiva because of the price. I LOVE the program, when it works. Even if it is listing, what good is all that time wasted listing to have no pics. Those of us who listed all last Tuesday to take advantage of the fixed price day didn't expect this issue to be ongoing, still. No way would I have wasted time listing anything to close on Tuesday, had I known the day was Tuesday. Now, my best listing day, Thursday, has nothing ending on it & I loose out on sales today.

And I agree with Sharky, I'll post what & where I want to. This isn't a lounge topic.
OK Michelle 3 times I tried to write this and 3 times I deleted it.

On saturday I posed a poll asking if they should make the move monday and get it over with , or postpone it until next monday 3/13 so we can decide if we want to have listings ending monday and tueesday. Of course everyone said get it over with. I know not everyone has the time to come here me included but I still think they should have moved the servers mnext monday and on saturday they could have sent a mass email to everyone and let them know 9 days in advance that monday 3/13 the site would be down.
Yes, Pete. I agree. 100%. I agree too that it is nice to get over with, but I think it would have been best to give more notice to prepare. Not affect our money any more than it did. I personally don't like Mondays & Tuesdays & could have worked around it had I known. It was originally set for Thursday. So, I re-arranged my whole week around that.
the thing is that we had ebay hobbiest here and not the serious sellers saying "how can we complain about the site." and "How is it killing our business." My response was "Some of us rely on ebay to eat. We are not getting rid of junk we dont want or have another income and doing this for fun."Some people just don't get it. Yes It's a free site but there are sellers here who still on the site working and the staff making decisions responsibly and giving us enough time to decide what is best for our business. (some idiot actually told me to grow up when I said that) How would Jeff feel if the new data center people just decided that toinght they were going to pull the plug and move servers around. The CEO seems to not think this effects the users business here.

OK I am done. Back to telling mickey mouse jokes and talking about the muppet show because I know "usoldwhat" is just waiting to continue that converstation
So what happened to Friday server move? Its Tuesday, I still cant list, and I cant go anywhere but the message forum.

When I started using Auctiva my boss thought it was the best idea ever, free listings. And now We havent been able to list stuff since Friday and hes not happy. This all comes down on me that it doesnt work.

ANY idea when this will work again?

And if your fixing things here are some ideas!
-add a "Store catagory" so I dont have to keep editing it in ebay.
-make a "shipping will be determined after auction" selection, some things have to be packaged before they can be quoted! I have to keep fixing that in ebay too.
OMG! Are you bored?? LOL! I thought you were leaving, so I went to relist some ebay items - don't need auctiva for that - I come back and you're ranting Big Grin

I would never use Andale - they screwed me royally. I missed that thread where Jeff said that. As a web site owner, I understand though. I have told people to go take a flying leap off into deep water before.

I am not a hobbyist, but I run two companies - one is my eBay business and the other is web designing. If I relied solely on my eBay business to keep a roof over my head, I don't think I would use Auctiva - I would need something more reliable. But I do rely on eBay for about 1/3 of our household income - not to mention it pays for our annual Disney passes. I really like Auctiva so far (but it's only been since September.

Hopefully, the server move will fix the problems. If not, I will have to move on elsewhere - although I would hate to do that.

Now - just for USoldWhat's benefit - tell me some more Mickey jokes you goofy dog! LOL
quote:
Originally posted by midsouthgames:
So what happened to Friday server move? Its Tuesday, I still cant list, and I cant go anywhere but the message forum.

When I started using Auctiva my boss thought it was the best idea ever, free listings. And now We havent been able to list stuff since Friday and hes not happy. This all comes down on me that it doesnt work.

ANY idea when this will work again?

And if your fixing things here are some ideas!
-make a "shipping will be determined after auction" selection, some things have to be packaged before they can be quoted! I have to keep fixing that in ebay too.

They posponed fridays move to 9pm Pacific standard time monday. The site worked fine all weekend? It has only been down since last night.

If you look at your ebay settings you should see a button that says "update store catagories" it's under the setting catagory.

make a "shipping will be determined after auction" selection, some things have to be packaged before they can be quoted!

In the shipping profiles they have an option to use a shipping calculator. You type in the weight of the package and how you are sending it. i.e. Priority mail, or first class mail, etc and it puts a calculator in the listing that the buyer can enter their zip code and it gives them the exact shipping amount. You can even add handling and it will calculate it right in without the buyyer knowing.

If you need help I can look it up later when the site is running and tell you how to do it exactly. I hope that helps.
It was actually scheduled to end about an hour and a half ago. Some features have come back online for some people - so they are working on it and apparently have at least one server ready to go. Other than that, I don't think anyone other than auctiva can help - but they are busy with the set up right now and haven't checked in. Hopefully, any minute now.
It's 1:36 p.m. Eastern Time here & some parts of Auctive are up & working. About an hour ago, I couldn't even get any part of Auctiva's Website to come up. So, it looks like it's coming back online one bit a time. To me, that's a good sign--better than none at all!! I'll be staying up late tonight--got a bunch of things to list. Using TurboLister has cost me $$ these last 2 weeks!!
I have to feed the cats and also I want to go to the post office to see if there is anything in the PO box at 4pm. Then I am going. My cats will tear the place apart if I don't feed them.

I have a website too, and I am also an electrician but I amnot doing that anymore.

I don't know anymore Mickey & Minnie Jokes though.

BUTTTTTT!!!

A second grade teacher says to her class " I am going to say a letter of the alphabet and I want you to tell me a word that begins with that letter and use it in a sentence. So she says "A" Immediately Ralphy jumps up and has his hand in the air. The teacher thinks to herself " I better not call Ralphy because he will just say 'a$$hole" or something like that." So she picks Sally. Sally says "Apple. Today we went to the orchard and picked apples." "Very good Sally" The teacher says now "B" Again Ralphy jumps up he's shaking he's dancing and again the teacher says I better not call Ralphy because he will just say 'Bas--rd' or something like that." So she picks Johnny. Johnny stands up and says " Ball. Today in gym we played football" So she keeps going and the whole time Ralphy is jumping up and down waving his hands until she gets to "R" Again Ralphy jumps up and the teacher figures "OK R what can Ralphy possibly say that starts with R that is so bad. "OK Ralphy it's your turn." The teacher says. With that Ralphy stand up with a big grin on his face and says "Rabbit. A big f@#$ing rabbit."
quote:
Originally posted by dawnblue:
OMG! Are you bored?? LOL! I thought you were leaving, so I went to relist some ebay items - don't need auctiva for that - I come back and you're ranting Big Grin

I would never use Andale - they screwed me royally. I missed that thread where Jeff said that. As a web site owner, I understand though. I have told people to go take a flying leap off into deep water before.

I am not a hobbyist, but I run two companies - one is my eBay business and the other is web designing. If I relied solely on my eBay business to keep a roof over my head, I don't think I would use Auctiva - I would need something more reliable. But I do rely on eBay for about 1/3 of our household income - not to mention it pays for our annual Disney passes. I really like Auctiva so far (but it's only been since September.

Hopefully, the server move will fix the problems. If not, I will have to move on elsewhere - although I would hate to do that.

Now - just for USoldWhat's benefit - tell me some more Mickey jokes you goofy dog! LOL

Dawn;
I am currently looking for someone to make me a few web pages,, if you hire out would you please contact me?
sharyh@chartermi.net
I can understand that sometimes deadlines with moves can take longer than normally expected and we appreciate everything that Jeff and crew are doing to make listing faster and easier. We would appreciate, however, if we could be given a situation update so we can plan out the rest of our day and week.

Thanks and we look forward to hearing something.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.