Skip to main content

Marika,

Pictures should be up, as you've noticed. Showcase is still down, although should appear as a completely blank area in your auction instead of the "images loading" or "no items available" messages it has done in the past.

The homesite is still down.

Items scheduled for 8pm have a pretty good chance of scheduling. It's hard for me to say for sure though. The biggest worry I would have for you is that if you went and posted to eBay, you wouldn't be able to cancel the listing on our end since the site is still down.

Might be best to wait a couple hours and then check back to see the status of things.

-Kevin
Hey Kevin....not all pics are up..any help here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...ageName=STRK:MESE:IT

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Kevin K.:
Marika,

Pictures should be up, as you've noticed. Showcase is still down, although should appear as a completely blank area in your auction instead of the "images loading" or "no items available" messages it has done in the past.

The homesite is still down.

Items scheduled for 8pm have a pretty good chance of scheduling. It's hard for me to say for sure though. The biggest worry I would have for you is that if you went and posted to eBay, you wouldn't be able to cancel the listing on our end since the site is still down.

Might be best to wait a couple hours and then check back to see the status of things.

-Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by Beachhousenana:
quote:
Originally posted by annkate:
To Beachhousenana: Am on cable. I haven't checked all my listings, but I haven't come up with anything yet. Will check again.

I used the down time to read an excellent mystery by Greg Iles!!!!

Looks like things are running better now, I seem to have everything but the gallery pics and it is pretty speedy again.

I have my gallery pics, I meant the showcase. Smile
Definitely a good idea for an admin only thread. We actually just locked the "news" topic so that only auctiva staff could create new threads. But, anyone can still reply to them.

However... this is my last update for awhile, as I'm off to finally get some sleep.

Some other staff should be around to post some updates as the day progresses.

See ya all.

-Kevin
quote:
Don't you read? All this information was available on the site for everyone to read. It was free information. You couldn't see the bright red flashing "ALERT" sign on the first page?

Leah why would we even come to the site to see the flashing alert message in the 1st place. I am a paying customer as well, I had no notification, and I don't come to the Auctiva web site just to hang out. The first I heard of the issue myself was when I came here to read the boards. I use the classic auctiva website which I am a paying subscriber to and it is not even accessible to see an alert message. The forums are all I have for information. There is no reason for me to come to the web site except when things aren't working...when my eBud does update, or when my pictures aren't working, or my Auctiva Poster won't post...that's the only reason I would come to the web site so I can post a support request. Saying "don't you read" is kinda rude and a little juvenile...as a "whiz" I'd expect a little more of a helpful response.
I have been patient, but now it's getting ugly. I have buyers who cannot pay. One has contacted Ebay, and Ebay says I am breaking the sales contract.....Now, that is what the msg states, I don't know if that's exactly what Ebay has said or not....still, it's frustrating on both ends.
It's not just one either, I have had 3 in the last 12 hours statilng they cannot pay
Hey People-

for all of you yelling that we should shut up and just take this total imcompetence and lack of respect for people's business because this is a free service to some- why don't you go back and take a look at your listings!

DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD GIVE THIS AWAY IF THERE WERN'T A BENEFIT TO THEM???

Look at all the advertising space you are giving them in your listing. IT IS A TRADE OFF! They give it away free to most in order to advertise to get the paying customers.

I have a goddamn right to bitch. I don't run auctions. I couldn't plan in advance for this and not have any listings. I run an ebay store and have almost 800 items that run ALL THE TIME (NOT AUCTIONS-GTC)and most HAD no pictures for more than a day. I didn't lose just a sale or 2. I lost dozens and, more, importantly, I lost customers who will never be back because they weren't able to see my merchandise. They were down last week also!

If I had ever thought of going to their pay service- Hey Auctiva- BITE ME- HELLO MARKETWORKS

To the brilliant one with the foresight who said "don't put all your eggs in one basket" You know what- gee maybe some of us actually relied upon Auctiva, maybe some of us thought they would have a back-up, maybe some of us don't have the time to research ther "baskets."
or MAYBE
you are ......
I signed up with auctiva way before there was ever a free auctiva. I pay for the service because it suits my needs this is my business, my sole income. I like having it on my desktop I don't like having to sign on everytime I want to list, I have 3 employees so it makes it a lot easier having it on the desktop, I can convert any ebay auction to fixed price, store, yahoo, amazon, zshops with 1 click at the time I signed up they were going to add more auction sites, I doubt now that will ever happen. I never sign on to www.auctiva.com because I have no reason to everything I need is at www.classic.auctiva.com and I'm here to tell you I do go there everyday and there was no alert message no notification of any kind. Every member whether they are on the free site or a paying customer should have been notified as it effects everybody, my complaint is with auctiva if they saw fit to post an alert on the free site for its customers, then it should have been common sense for them to also post it on the website its paying customers use! I am pretty fed up with being told I can't read, or all of this information has been available as it WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE PAYING CUSTOMERS! Please gather all your facts before leaving rude and incorrect statements.
My Lord. Why did you even bother to post this? How rude, ugly and nasty for an Ebay Store owner to post such a message with this kind of language on a public message board? Seeing how you behave in public can't be a good thing for your business image. For Heaven's sake, if you don't like the service, why don't you go on to a different one and leave out the nasty ugly posts from this site's boards? There's really no need for such rudeness and lack of appreciation to be exhibited in a public place for a free service that allows you to add nice templates and free pictures to your listings, reguardless of whether it is a store listing or an auction. You should be ashamed for how you posted here. So should everyone else who has raised so much ruckus over the servers being down for a few days while these guys busted their butts to get a better service up for all of us. And maybe you'd better make some time to put all your eggs into more than one basket. That's only simple common sense.

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Kitty:
Hey People-

for all of you yelling that we should shut up and just take this total imcompetence and lack of respect for people's business because this is a free service to some- why don't you go back and take a look at your listings!

Look at all the advertising space you are giving them in your listing. IT IS A TRADE OFF! They give it aI have a goddamn right to bitchway free to most in order to advertise to get the paying customers.

I have a goddamn right to bitch. I don't run auctions. I couldn't plan in advance for this and not have any listings. I run an ebay store and have almost 800 items that run ALL THE TIME (NOT AUCTIONS-GTC)and most HAD no pictures for more than a day. I didn't lose just a sale or 2. I lost dozens and, more, importantly, I lost customers who will never be back because they weren't able to see my merchandise. They were down last week also!

If I had ever thought of going to their pay service- Hey Auctiva- BITE ME- HELLO MARKETWORKS

To the brilliant one with the foresight who said "don't put all your eggs in one basket" You know what- gee maybe some of us actually relied upon Auctiva, maybe some of us thought they would have a back-up, maybe some of us don't have the time to research ther "baskets."
or MAYBE
you are ......
What part of -they get a benefit from us- don't you understand. I will repeat, we have a goddamn right to bitch. If that offends your delicate sensibilities- TOO BAD- don't come here to read our complaints. Why on earth should I be ashamed of how I posted? Auctiva should be ashamed of how much money they lost so many people!

And as for finding another basket- unless they can prove to me why I shouldn't- you are Gosh DARN gee whiz right I will!
quote:
What part of -they get a benefit from us- don't you understand. I will repeat, we have a goddamn right to bitch. If that offends your delicate sensibilities- TOO BAD- don't come here to read our complaints. Why on earth should I be ashamed of how I posted? Auctiva should be ashamed of how much money they lost so many people!

And as for finding another basket- unless they can prove to me why I shouldn't- you are Gosh DARN gee whiz right I will!

You deserve to be banned. Please quit using offensive language.
quote:
Hey People-

Look at all the advertising space you are giving them in your listing. IT IS A TRADE OFF! They give it away free to most in order to advertise to get the paying customers.

or MAYBE
you are ......

How exactly did you expect them to "have a back-up"? I've only been here for a few months, but Anyone who's been with Auctiva for any length of time knows that this is not a huge corporation with unlimited funds. They can't just spend thousands of dollars on "back-up servers". I accept the fact that Auctiva is sort of a work in progress because, quite frankly, it's the best I've found so far, and that includes the pay sites. More than that, though, the support folks here are great, and display a real desire to make Auctiva the best that it can be.

Anyone who visits the site regularly has had ample warning of the move. There was a big red button on the main page, for crying out loud. You could have hosted your pictures on a free service (like Photobucket) like so many others did.

Auctiva needed to make this move to alleviate the growing problems with bandwidth, so this was going to happen sooner or later.

The only folks I have any real sympathy for are the paying Auctiva customers who use the offline lister, as it seems they genuinely got forgotten in all of this. I agree that Auctiva may have dropped the ball there.
Last edited by creativenotions
It's a shame that many are so upset. I did not know they were moving servers. So, when I came to post some listings and couldn't get through, I honestly panicked believing that all my pictures and lisitngs were gone. When I realized they were not, I just waited PATIENTLY for the site to once again become operable. And, yes, I am a power seller.

If this is the worst thing that has happened to those of you who have been so ornery, consider yourselves lucky. This has been a non-issue in my life. There are more important things to use my energies on.

Good luck to all!!!
ConfusedI am new here using Auctiva, and this is and has not been a problem for me when they moved the server. I am being patient and waiting and biding my time doing some other things till everything is good to go. Being a new comer to Auctiva, not to ebay, there is a point where people perhaps get pissed off, If I am about something, usually its my lack of doing something like getting the info everyday perhaps like I needed to. If people havent been informed, well looks like they are now, I have to make sure I dont cut off my nose to spite my face when I am upset. Most of the time its because i dont know how to use my negativity creatively, like perhaps listing my sale things and saving it till everything is good to go..I learn from others and would talk to the administration and communicate with them if Im pissed, use the anger to do something in the right direction.
I am also new and from what I am reading everyone is up and running again-but my people are still unable to pay. Is this a problem with many or is my stuff having other issues. Also if it is Auctiva any idea when they may have this problem fixed? I offer same day shipping and have some upset people that they can't pay-I just want to be able to give them answers. Thanks Smile
quote:
Originally posted by DriveByTurtle:
I am also new and from what I am reading everyone is up and running again-but my people are still unable to pay. Is this a problem with many or is my stuff having other issues. Also if it is Auctiva any idea when they may have this problem fixed? I offer same day shipping and have some upset people that they can't pay-I just want to be able to give them answers. Thanks Smile
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.