Skip to main content

Wow 21 pages and still going huh. I can't believe people are still whinning about this. The site is working fine for me I am going to be listing all day. To the people who didn't know the servers were being moved didn't the big red alert at the top of the page give you a clue that maybe you should click it? To those who can't believe it took so long can you do it better and faster if so why aren't you a comouter tech?

It's smart to have a back up plan auctiva is great but there are going to be times when you can;t use it or it doesn't work correct. It's worth saving all of your images on a CD or DVD, and all of your templates as well. There are other sites that you can use for free even if its only for a short time. I use sparedollar like a revoling door I open a free account and use them when I can't list here. It';s better than getting so upset about all of this. I rely on ebay for my only income and that means if auctiva fails, I fail if I don't have a back up plan. I did and i used it. I told people how to do it but they said it's not worth the time it would take. Well I guess it's better to sit here and bitch and waste a day. I was one of the first ones to bitch when the keptt changing their minds on when to move the servers but I took the time to make sure I wouldn't be hurt by the move so bad. So get over yourself and stop putting blame only on auctive. I think they made a bad decision just deciding to pull the plug the night before the .10c listing day ended and also that they didn't give us enough time to make sure we didn't have listings ending tuesday but what can you do. They did it. Thats it like it or not there is nothing we can do about it now. Frog

In the future at least 7 days notice by email would be nice.
I'm not a newbie and I'm a paying user of Auctiva. I wasn't notified about the so called maintenence. I can't list, retrieve fees, retrieve feedback or leave feedback. For a few hours last night my pics showed in my auctions, but today they're gone again. My showcase isn't showing in all of my auctions and where it does show it is incomplete. To those new users attracted by the free Auctiva, this latest SNAFU is typical of Auctiva and old users will agree with me. THIS IS NOT THE LAST TIME THAT AUCTIVA WILL SCREW UP. Be forwarned! 35 hours and counting.
There are plenty of other websites that do the same thing as auctiva why not move there. I never had a problem for more than a couple of hours with auctiva. If you are so upset and still paying to use a site that is free well then I guess you either like being a sucker or you are just plane dumb. I left sparedollar because I don't want to pay for a broken website it wasn't a very hard decision either. Why pay for something that is free?
Can anyone give me suggestions as to how to handle checkout? I've sent the invoice through ebay but it still takes people through auctiva and won't work. Most people have been kind enough to go directly through paypal and add the info. that way. Except for one individual that just left me neutral w/ in min. of auction closing before even giving me an opportunity to explain. Thanks
I agree with efilnikcufecin as I use SpareDollar as my backup and if I am not concerned with templates then I just use ebay to list the item

My business is way down too but I don't know if it is Auctiva's fault or not

Everything is working fine now so hopefully we can get good comments and advice for listing better to make more sales instead of negative comments which do not produce anything
Your name suits you well. You do seem a bit off the deep end.
And, what part of "this is a PUBLIC message board" don't YOU understand?
I would guess that the common viewpoint on whether or not you should find another basket to place your eggs in is Please do.

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Kitty:
What part of -they get a benefit from us- don't you understand. I will repeat, we have a goddamn right to bitch. If that offends your delicate sensibilities- TOO BAD- don't come here to read our complaints. Why on earth should I be ashamed of how I posted? Auctiva should be ashamed of how much money they lost so many people!

And as for finding another basket- unless they can prove to me why I shouldn't- you are Gosh DARN gee whiz right I will!
quote:
Originally posted by efilnikcufecin:
There are plenty of other websites that do the same thing as auctiva why not move there.... Why pay for something that is free?

Actually there _aren't_ other auction services like Auctiva. Auctiva is like the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead: When she was good she was very, very good, but when she was bad, she was horrid!
And- what gives you the idea that just because Auctiva is offering a FREE service to you, that they don't have a RIGHT to make income just like you do?

quote:
What part of -they get a benefit from us- don't you understand. I will repeat, we have a goddamn right to bitch. If that offends your delicate sensibilities- TOO BAD- don't come here to read our complaints. Why on earth should I be ashamed of how I posted? Auctiva should be ashamed of how much money they lost so many people!

And as for finding another basket- unless they can prove to me why I shouldn't- you are Gosh DARN gee whiz right I will!
To those of you who keep insisting we got the alert messages. THOSE OF US WHO PAY AUCTIVA NEVER GO TO THE FREE SITE WE NEVER HAVE A REASON TO EVER SIGN ON OUR WEBSITE ADDRESS FOR OUR IMAGES AND LISTINGS IS WWW.CLASSIC.AUCTIVA.COM AND IT WAS NEVER POSDTED THERE AT ALL WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND! So yes, I feel I have a right to bitch as I was never notified and auctiva didn't see fit to notify all customers. Also I pay for a service because I list on more than 1 auction site I can convert any listing once made to yahoo, amazon, zshop, ebay store, and I do not feel that I should even have to explain to any member why I pay for a service or if I get it free, since you have no way of knowing how I run my business or what my business needs are. Yes, I'm ticked because I still can't get into the classic auctiva can not list anything this just hasn't affected my ebay business, but yaoo amazon the whole works 2 full days of down time for a service I pay for is inexcusable and no word of when I can expect to be back up.
Geez. How many postings have there really been concerning this! Free members griping to paying members- paying members griping to free members. Suggestion: Set up SEPERATE message boards for those who PAY for a service, and seperate message boards for those who are members of the FREE service! Then, prohibit cross-posting between the boards!!! It seems that anger over who pays for the service and who doesn't, or, anger between those individuals, has caused as much distress on these message boards as the move itself has! The point really is- who CARES if you chose to pay or not!! If you choose to throw your hard earned money in WHATEVER direction- be it Ebay, Auctiva, or the man in the moon- that's your choice, if you aren't happy with what you are paying for- cancel it! If you like it and want to be patient till it's all working again better than ever before, great! Do that! But- the nastiness on the public message boards isn't going to SOLVE anything!!!!!
Hey Notreallyninetyninecentplacemostofmyitemsaremuchmuchmore, since you have only been in business for a little over a month, you ought to keep you opinions to yourself til you know a lot more! I have just been watching this thread and hearing you rant at me for hours but now couldn't resist as I just went to your store. PLEASE! You have a lot of nerve!
Just posting on all the boards right now cause I'm trying to get some help or answer as to when checkout will be funcional.????

I cannot get paid and I am losing tons of cash.

anybody know anything about checkout?? when will it work again??
I can be patient if I know what to tell my customers it would help. Thanks for any info on this topic. Thanks auctiva dudes.please help me.
Hey REALLY crazy crazy Kitty,
You didn't go through the store very far did you? And, for your information, I've been around a LOT longer than a little over a month. I've been doing what I do in antiques and glassware and collectibles for YEARS- just not on Ebay. So don't TELL me to keep my opinions to myself- you voiced yours- here- on a PUBLIC board, and I am just as entitled to do so as you are, until Auctiva tells me or you or anyone else differently. However- for the sake of others on this PUBLIC message board, I will resign from this PUBLIC argument with you- if you care to argue in private- fine- I'm all for it- email me. We will continue there. Just for the record, I haven't been RANTING at you nor anyone else for "hours". I don't have the TIME to rant for hours about anything to anyone- here or anywhere else. I do check these boards frequently anymore to see what IS going on- simply out of curiosity more than anything else- and to read with amazement posts like yours. You don't just keep your slanderous remarks to one subject do you? You have to try to get more personal about it all! Just because you ran your filthy mouth this morning and showed the public what you are made of, language-wise, doesn't give you the right to attack me or my store personally. I have not done so to you and I will appreciate you keeping your arguments based on what this board and thread were previously about.

quote:
Hey Notreallyninetyninecentplacemostofmyitemsaremuchmuchmore, since you have only been in business for a little over a month, you ought to keep you opinions to yourself til you know a lot more! I have just been watching this thread and hearing you rant at me for hours but now couldn't resist as I just went to your store. PLEASE! You have a lot of nerve!
quote:
Originally posted by dm2756:
To those of you who keep insisting we got the alert messages. THOSE OF US WHO PAY AUCTIVA NEVER GO TO THE FREE SITE WE NEVER HAVE A REASON TO EVER SIGN ON OUR WEBSITE ADDRESS FOR OUR IMAGES AND LISTINGS IS WWW.CLASSIC.AUCTIVA.COM AND IT WAS NEVER POSDTED THERE AT ALL WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND! So yes, I feel I have a right to bitch as I was never notified and auctiva didn't see fit to notify all customers. Also I pay for a service because I list on more than 1 auction site I can convert any listing once made to yahoo, amazon, zshop, ebay store, and I do not feel that I should even have to explain to any member why I pay for a service or if I get it free, since you have no way of knowing how I run my business or what my business needs are. Yes, I'm ticked because I still can't get into the classic auctiva can not list anything this just hasn't affected my ebay business, but yaoo amazon the whole works 2 full days of down time for a service I pay for is inexcusable and no word of when I can expect to be back up.
Well I fell the same way. I would like an update.

I think bikermike is just saying we should bicker amongst ourselves.

I would hope to see a post from one of the auctiva dudes here soon to give us an update.
on checkout and some of these other issues like classic auctiva and so on.

I do not accept paypal and I rely on a merchant account and auctiva checkout to get paid, but I have not been able to get paid for two days.

I am just hoping to get an update on progress and when they think they will have checkout fully funcional. Im only loosing about a thousand dollars a day. I only have about 40 grand worth of inventory listed right now. I am being patient, but hey auctiva let us know whats up please.

thanks
Hi everybody,

I too am worried about my customers not being able to pay me.. But my real problem is that when I pull up Auctiva and begin to use it, it works fine for awhile and then it just freezes up and I have to start all over. It takes up a lot of my time. Does anyone have a solution for this problem???????
Thanks to all that helps me with this...
BB Confused
Hey Notreallyninetyninecentplacemostofmyitemsaremuchmuchmore

Why don't you scroll back and see who made it personal first. I ignored your insults for a while, but you know what, I have a right to bitch, just like everyone else has a right to bitch. That's right. I said bitch, get over it.

Just like a lot of other people here, my customers still cannot check out with auctiva listed items and I am having to email invoices thru paypal. Sales stopped over the time auctiva was down. Maybe for you that isn't a big deal, for a lot of us it is!

There are still major problems as you can read from everyone else that is posting. So yes, we can BITCH.

And you can't just disable checkout if it is already used in the listing. Been there tried that, doesn't work.
For me that wont work. I do not accept paypal.

I rely on a merchant account and auctiva checkout as my sole means of reeiving payment.

I have recomended that solution for others who do take paypal.

But I did just get paid on an item a few minutes ago, so things are looking up, still no email from auctiva on the notification, but I can live w/ that, I hope there are no other bugs to get worked out.
quote:
I have a right to bitch, just like everyone else has a right to bitch. That's right. I said bitch, get over it.

What is the point of continuing this argument?

I understand and sympathize with your problems, and I am not challenging your right to be angry about your loss of sales and hassles.

But, really, what good does it do to come on here and get nasty with each other? It's not going to create a solution for the problem. It's not going to get the Auctiva people working any faster to fix whatever is wrong.

The only thing this accomplishes is making people, including yourself, angry. Wasted energy.

I see the value in venting. But I think this has gone far beyond venting.
Glad to hear that you are getting paid now. Maybe that glitch is fixed.
I will still simply send out paypal invoices because auctiva won't let me combine items.
I was unable to list for a while, couldn't upload photos, site froze, photos disappeared while listing so I have simply gone back to turbolister and will pay for the listing upgrades with ebay. It will be cheaper in the long run!
quote:
Posted March 08, 2006 11:50 AM
Hi everybody,

I too am worried about my customers not being able to pay me.. But my real problem is that when I pull up Auctiva and begin to use it, it works fine for awhile and then it just freezes up and I have to start all over. It takes up a lot of my time. Does anyone have a solution for this problem???????
Thanks to all that helps me with this...
BB Confused

This is a suggestion about what to do when it "freezes up", if you mean when you go to add images and nothing happens or when you get the run-time error. If the photos won't load, just save what you have done so far(you can go on down choose your template etc.)then pull the saved listing back up and now pick your images. This always works for me. The run-time error thing seems to go away if you just X it out and re-try whatever you were doing..hope this helps.. Confused
AMEN Brother ! It's just a good thing our Cuctomers are not reading this . OR are they ? I'm certainly learning which sellers to avoid doing business with ! ( yes I BUY on eBay as well )It's great that we ALL have the right to voice our opinion . When adversity strikes , it can reveal a persons True Colors . As for me , I choose not to resort to name calling and putting others down to make a point . I learned a long time ago , it can really come back and bite you in the ass . With all the chunks I've already lost , I can't afford many more bites !

quote:
Originally posted by Mikebiker:
Why Can't We All just Get Along.
Rodney King
You are dead on!! I have already made of list of sellers from whom I will never buy. They are the vulgar and crass ones, and they know who they are.

Marketing theory says that if you alienate one person, you alienate 250 others. People who are complainging in offensive ways about losing money are probably losing more money than they ever realized....because they are alienating prospective buyers.
quote:
Hasn't anyone noticed that no Auctiva guys have posted for a while. I take they are busting thier butts trying to get everything to work properly. I posted a test run auction this morning and all went well. My big listing days are tomorrow and Friday. I think we will be in fine shape by then!

You are naive. They haven't posted because they haven't been able to fix what is broken.
quote:
Has it ever occured to you that there may be a serious problem and they are working on it a hard as they can. They know how important this is to everyone and I doubt they are slacking off.

Auctiva does slack off! Any number off times Auctiva has released an upgrade to eBud or Poster on a Friday and the upgrade is buggy. Whenpayingcustomers ask for support they're told that the programmers have the weekend off and the problems can't be addressed until Monday
Well, I am certainly not saying that they are not trying.

However, I have a friend who studies computer engineering, who said that business servers need to backup the data into a file that can automatically be installed onto a new server. eBay has switches servers several times in their history, and it usually didn't take this long to be back up.

Anyways, I admit, we need to be more patient. But also, without these complaints, Auctiva cannot know how to improve them. So from business to business, I believe that negative comments will help both sides in situations like these.
quote:
Posted March 08, 2006 03:49 PM
Hi Community,

We have almost the entire site up and running now but we're still experiencing difficulties with our support panel, so we are currently unable to answer support cases in a timely manner.

To those of you who have pending support requests, please be patient and don't be offended if it takes much longer than usual to receive a reply. We will be answering all support cases as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience with regard to this matter.

-Mike
Before I go off to do some more listing, I just wanted to say how entertaining the board has been for the last couple of days Smile Razz Don't mean disrespect for anyone who's felt aggravated or grieved by the situation.

However, things could always be worse. How many people in here have never been disconnected by their ISP for maintenance with no notification at all? NO INTERNET whatsoever! Ouch!

With computers, and with sites, it happens often. If it's not one, then it's another. Just gotta go with the flow and try not to let it get to you. As for lost of money for one-two days, it's very annoying, indeed, but then so is getting sick one day on a regular job. These things happen, whether anyone likes them or not.
I know for one there's been times I've been unable to send items to customers next day because of unexpected circumstances beyond my control, and I expect their undertanding, so I give mine to Auctiva and Kudos to all that run it. Smile

PS: You three gals are the beginning were hilarious. Kept me mighty entertained yesterday whilst I flicked here for updates at the same time I sourced some new possible suppliers. Want not waste not Wink
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.