Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
fails saying the server has attempted to redirect you

I've seen that or a similar error some months past in doing some tests with Firefox on Linux Fedora. In order to finish correctly, there is a page change from the uploader to the Manage Images page with a status message at page top. I found that the Firefox Fedora version required a special setting to allow the page switch.

Look at Firefox settings: Tools - Options - Content, and click the Advanced button for Enable Javascript (which should already be checked). Try enabling the "Raise or lower windows" for a test.

Danno
Hi Community,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble some of you are having. Our image hosting provider did have a technical hiccup yesterday afternoon (which I posted about in the "News" section of this forum) that would have caused uploads to fail, but I'm not aware of any issues today that would account for inexplicable image uploading errors.

If any of you are still having trouble uploading your images, I recommend contacting our customer support team using the web form on the following page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-au...tware-help/help.aspx

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Ulysses-2112:
So after a productive day of all of my images uploading, of the internet running quickly and smoothly & productive listing, all of a sudden, ALL of my images are failing, no matter what size they are.

Anyone else having this problem?

I AM!!!! Have you found anything out? It's been happening to me since Monday night about 10pm. And still can't get anything...It says "server or proxy unavaliable?"
Hi Community,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We found that one of our servers was running out of memory earlier today and it is likely that was causing the problems described by the last few posters on this thread. We have since rebooted that server so that may resolve this problem for some or all of you.

If any of you are still experiencing problems of this nature, I recommend contacting our customer support team using the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
Here's the reply I got from support tonight

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue, I am sorry you are experiencing this problem. I would like to inform you that I have tried to upload few images with your Auctiva account and I am able to do it without facing any issue. I would also, like to inform you as if now the Auctiva services are working perfectly fine.

Based on the description of behavior you are experiencing there may be a browser tool bar or add on such as a pop-up blocker that is conflicting with Auctiva's image uploading software. Please try disabling any of these types of programs and attempt working in your Auctiva account after doing so.

You may also find it beneficial to clear your browser history and cache, should you need them, here are instructions for this process using the two browsers optimized for use with Auctiva:

FireFox 3.0

'Clear Private Data' from the 'Tools' menu, ensure the boxes next to 'cache' and 'cookies' are checked, and then click the 'Clear Private Data Now' button. Please ensure that only one browser window is open when you are doing this or your cache may not empty properly.

Once you have made these adjustments, please close and re-open your Firefox browser for the new settings to take effect.

If you have any additional questions or concerns pertaining to your Auctiva account, please feel free to let me know, and I’ll be happy to continue assisting you.
Hi Folks,

I ran some tests this morning.

I was able to routinely get the error "The server attempted to redirect you, but server redirects are not supported." with Firefox on more than a dozen attempts. Of 32 standard files for upload (my test group), the failure was randomly occurring, but usually between the 3rd and 6th image. I was unable to repeat the problem with IE7. I also tried Safari and achieved the exact same failing message, so it's not just a Firefox problem. Safari has worked perfectly for me in the past.

My prior suggestion had no effect on fixing Firefox.

In checking Google for that exact message, it appears to be a well discussed problem at the Aurigma site for the uploader. Some of the discussion points to Authentication Cookie expiration. There are several related threads on the subject.

Recent changes on my desktop do include update to the most recent releases of Firefox and Java. Since the bug is consistent with Safari, Java might be involved. However, the discussion at Aurigma appears to suggest the problem as server.

Sorry I haven't had the chance to test earlier.

Danno

Edit: Clearing the Firefox cache, cookies, etc. for "Clear Privacy Data" does not fix the problem.

My Java Console log at trace level 5 shows this typical sequence with the ###Error occured### posting after acknowledgement of the message.

Uploading to http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUpload.aspx
Setting HTTP params: Host=www.auctiva.com
Cookies:[ASP.NET_SessionId=r1ff4z3nql5lha45yeyi0irl]
Starting upload
Status =[200]
Uploading to http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUpload.aspx
Setting HTTP params: Host=www.auctiva.com
Cookies:[ASP.NET_SessionId=r1ff4z3nql5lha45yeyi0irl]
Starting upload
###Error occured###
Status=[ERROR]
Progress=[0]
ValueMax=[0]
Value=[11]
[ErrorPage]

For clarification, I am using the standard site method to login with "Remember me".
Last edited by danno
Hi again,

Ran a test with Linux Fedora and Firefox 3.0.6, which hadn't been changed (Firefox or Java) since my tests a few months ago with the uploader. It's also giving an error at the same points during the cycle, i.e the initiation of an image upload session, with the message "The server or proxy not found.". It got two images uploaded, and the error occurred on the start of the third.

I see that error also has discussion at the Aurigma Forum.

Has anyone had any failures with IE7? From my tests, it appears to be strictly a Mozilla problem (Firefox, Safari, etc.)?

Danno
Hi iceman,

Your timing was good. I just retested IE7 and finally got a failure at the end of the upload. In checking the very first file in the standard 32 image group I use for testing failed. That's the 1st in probably 5 or 6 tests the last two days. However, the Mozilla tests have been 100% group failure, i.e. none have been successful. Most I've been able to do is about 11 of the 32.

Did this Firefox uploader problem start with the site facelift and the new sign-in page?

Danno
Hi iceman,

I'm thinking the site slowdown occurred with the change in config mentioned as a defense against the malware attack. Knowing how firewall, DMZs, etc. work (been there) and what they may have begged, borrowed, swipped (possibly from eBay from credit acknowledged) to get things at least running, I'm giving them a buy on that until they get a chance to regroup and install a permanent fix.

This is the first real uploader problem I've seen in quit some time, apart from the occasional hiccup from net or server (or firewall).

Hopefully, with more members reporting the problem, they'll give it a second look. Odd that the Auctiva folks have been so quiet last few days.

My reading at Aurigma says, follow the cookie crumbs.

Danno
i was told by support that auctiva has over 2 million users and since the complaints are only coming from a select few,that it has to be a server issue.not a problem with auctiva.well in 4 years i have had very few problems with auctiva but in the last week i cannot get firefox nor ie to work properly.i highly doubt it is the server because any other program i run works fine.auctiva just seems to want to ignore that there is a problem.
Regarding a small amount of people. The problem hear is everyone is reading the boards and see the problem has been reported so they are not sending a problem to auctiva. I have never sent one as I assumed they were on it. So it sounds like we all need to send a report to auctiva on this problem because its not just a select few as I have talked to others locally and they all say the same.
Hi Folks,

Good news I hope.

I just ran 7 consecutive uploads of my standard 32 image test set: 5 rounds with Firefox on WinXP, 1 with Safari on WinXP, and 1 with IE7 on WinXp......and all 7 sets / 224 images uploaded FLAWLESSLY. Not a single hiccup, pause, restart, dump, page malfunction, browser crash or other failure and definitely NO SERVER REDIRECT ERRORS. Those tests were run between about 11:15 AM and 11:25 AM EDT. This is the first successful testing with Firefox and Safari since my post reporting my failures on this past Saturday.

Hopefully, they got it or are at least in process to get it fixed.

Try your uploads now folks! Smile I'm sure they are watching for reports, so give it a shot and post back.

Danno
Hi Community,

The "server redirect" error that several users have reported getting while trying to upload images was associated with the IT problems that are described on the following thread in the "News" section of our forum: https://community.auctiva.com/e...081020411/m/64610418

Our IT team made some changes to our server configuration last night that we expect will resolve this problem so our hope is that those of you who were receiving these errors before will be able to upload successfully once again today.

If you continue to experience problems of this nature, please let us know by contacting our customer support team using the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.