Skip to main content

I wrote up about 15 auctions today and scheduled them to post to ebay this evening. The first 3 posted as scheduled, and then they stopped. I cancelled one of the posts after the time lapsed for trying to post to ebay and do it manually...but that didn't work. This is the second of the last 3 weekends that this has happened. A real inconvenience. I'd think Auctiva would be prepared for the onslaught of listings that usually happen on Sunday nights. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The point of scheduling listings to post is for the convenience, and not having to monitor whether or not they do what Auctiva's service is supposed to do. This is becoming too unreliable and inconvenient. Perhaps its time to look for another service with a better track record. I've had this problem several times over the years. Unfortunate...
What I have noticed is the visual listing appears in the category exactly six hours after confirmation by Ebay at the scheduled listing time. The auction will still end at the time you want it but we miss some valuable prime browse time. When the item does visually appear it shows 6 days 18 hours remaing in the auction.
Frustrating isn't it
quote:
Originally posted by Remainders:
What I have noticed is the visual listing appears in the category exactly six hours after confirmation by Ebay at the scheduled listing time. The auction will still end at the time you want it but we miss some valuable prime browse time. When the item does visually appear it shows 6 days 18 hours remaing in the auction.
Frustrating isn't it

I've been through this issue myself. There are even forums discussing this very issue and even talk of a class action lawsuit against ebay.

For me after a while, this problem just went away. It went from 6 hour delays for about a month, then 2 hours for another month, then went to instant listings. I think they do this with people who have not established themselves and put them in a watch queue.
I listed a lot of items this evening to my eBay store, starting around 8:00 p.m. EST. Everything was set to post immediately. I just finished up listing about 10:30 p.m., and discovered that none of my listings had posted after about 9:00 p.m., there are about thirty listings waiting in the 'scheduled' section in Auctiva. One listing showed as failed to post, so I rescheduled it.

I'm wondering if this might not be an Auctiva problem, but rather an eBay problem. The eBay discussion boards have had some posts saying eBay is doing a sort of rolling blackout with their servers. From what some have said, they don't have enough servers to meet the demand and thus the rolling blackout sort of thing. They also say there is no way to tell if your listings happen to be offline from looking at them.

If this is true, this might explain why my listings started to post and then one failed (if the server went offline), and the rest are sitting here ready to go.

I didn't have any problems creating these listings with Auctiva, by the way, quick reloading of the pages and images, so I'm doubtful this is an Auctiva problem, I'm really believing it's an eBay problem.

It would be great if someone from Auctiva could clarify what's going on.

Denise
Thanks guys for all of the info on this...I thought that maybe it was just me having this problem. Thankfully, I posted the majority of my new listings last night, and was just going to "roll out" a few more each night. My question is...is anyone sure that they will just show up as a delayed listing? I would hate for my new listings to have an end time in the middle of the night. A delay I am o.k. with, listings that end at 3:00 a.m. I am not!
Reply I got from Auctiva:
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This seems to be some temporary flaw on Auctiva or eBay side. Our Engineering team has been informed about this issue. I request you to wait and see if these listings post or not. If they don't, and return back with error message then try posting again or reschedule them for later.

I appreciate your patience regarding this matter. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thank you,
Auctiva Support

NOT MUCH HELP ! And they never did post the items that were waiting to post.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This seems to be some temporary flaw on Auctiva or eBay side. Our Engineering team has been informed about this issue. I request you to wait and see if these listings post or not. If they don't, and return back with error message then try posting again or reschedule them for later.

I appreciate your patience regarding this matter. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thank you,
Auctiva Support

Listing never did post !
I got the same canned response from Auctiva. I guess urgency isn't one of Auctiva's main goals.

quote:
Originally posted by Ralphie:

Thank you,
Auctiva Support

NOT MUCH HELP ! And they never did post the items that were waiting to post.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.