Skip to main content

I have item I listed through auctiva. When I go into my images it shows a listing is done which is indicated by 1. Next to that it shows 0 if nothing is actively listed for that item. IF item IS listed it normally shows 1 for in listing and 1 for actively listed.

I have at least one that has this as 1 0 but yet it is showing up on ebay.

Matter of fact interestingly this was one that ebay snagged me on duplicate listing same day it was listed.

Auctiva says I listed through ebay or imported from another site. WHY in the world I would pay them and list through ebay is beyond me.

Now how in the world auctiva template would show up with my code at bottom if I did directly through ebay is beyond me. (as this was fresh, BRAND NEW listing as I just got item in) Also, I believe I would sure remember uploading photo into ebay this was just 2 days ago...as honestly I would have to think through their process I do it so seldom.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Quite some time ago I was reporting discrepancies in the image management section. It would show 1 or 2 saved listings and then a 0 to indicate none active. So then I would relist the item and low and behold I would have a duplicate.

So yes, sometimes the image management information is wrong.

I never got a good answer and I was told that it was because I listed it directly on ebay. That of course is false because I do all my listings through auctiva.

In the rare instance that I have changed an image on ebay, within a listing that originated on auctiva, i know that i will have to change that image again (on auctiva) once it closes and needs to relist because the changes made on ebay are not sticky.
Thanks for that info. I think I would KNOW if I listed through another service. While I may not remember a month ago, this is from 2 days ago a fresh listing. Though I just do not list through ebay, in order to avoid massive confusion on what is ebay and what is auctiva listings.

Honestly, most of the time if I have to revise a listing that is active....I just end the listing costing me 5 cents so I only have to revise it in one place. Well worth the the nickel not to have to do 2 time.

I am feeling like a dog chasing his tail lately...as one support ticket it says problem is it is a "fluke",*fluke is no answer to me) another is something would not work because of an imported listing (auctiva is the one who imported it, as honestly, I never import, except years ago when I started listing on auctiva when all ebay listings were imported to ebay. That instance auctiva imported it and it totally supposedly screwed up the ability to mass change on 1500 listings just simple change like the handling time.

Then I have a lot of support cases waiting on responses for month now.

ARG!!! Going off topic so will SHUT UP before I say something bad!!!
There are issues with too many things now.

There are issues with the pictures not transferring over properly, duplicate listings, closed listing not appearing for several hours, which is really messed up when you are trying to list under time constraints for promotions etc.
The templates are a whole other issue.

I keep reading about issues lately but never see that anything is being resolved or even being acknowledged as a problem.

Have no idea what is going on but not happy about any of it...and it is costing me money and sales.
trinkets, I agree...it is becoming harder and harder to keep up with go arounds for things, which browser is best for loading photos, which is best for HTML, which is best for whatever.

It has NOT always been this way....for years I used Auctiva and rarely used support and honestly rarely read forums unless I had an issue which honestly I remember being very rare.

I do not know what has happened. Maybe too many new features not tested, or ironed out before launching...maybe we can blame ebay for changes they make...I don't know...but I am finding I spend a lot of time on forums and support. Frankly, 2 things immediately come to mind...when they were bought out and we were told nothing will change, well thing have changed, some good, some bad but seems that there are loose ends everywhere and go arounds for lots of things. I think when commerce was started there was less interested here in the ebay side. Now...I am not the smartest person in the world, but would sure think that people that are THRILLED with auctiva ebay and want to branch to their own things would sure go with auctiva commerce if happy with ebay side of things. If unhappy with ebay side of the tracks, then they may think twice. So to me this is a stepping stone to auctiva commercers, just my thought, as for me it would be logical to stay within one company if you are going to do ebay and commerce?

Support has become another story....forget it on weekends, nights and most of the time forget it unless it is moved up the food chain. Thank goodness the people on the upper food chain help a lot...without them I would have pulled my hair out long ago!!

THANKS TOO...they finally quit saying clear the cache and cookies for every issue. They must have me flagged as a DO NOT SAY THIS TO HER!!! That use to be the magic solution for everything and I mean everything.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
What they are suggesting by clearing the cache does not work. They are also suggesting that I change my browser. This really sounds like they are "grasping at straws".
I have been with Auctiva for many years and the reason I went to Auctiva in the first place was because of their versatility and expediency. This no longer appears to be the case.
The time it takes once the "post" button has been hit and for the screen to change is ridiculous.
If Auctiva cannot resolve their issues, I for one will be walking away. I have put up with this frustrating annoyance for too long.
quote:
Originally posted by obi-wan50:
What they are suggesting by clearing the cache does not work. They are also suggesting that I change my browser. This really sounds like they are "grasping at straws".
I have been with Auctiva for many years and the reason I went to Auctiva in the first place was because of their versatility and expediency. This no longer appears to be the case.

Their next suggestion was to copy a run command and they would then pass the results on to their engineers.

I'd better not say to much more because I'm about to swear (badly)!!!!!

The time it takes once the "post" button has been hit and for the screen to change is ridiculous.
If Auctiva cannot resolve their issues, I for one will be walking away. I have put up with this frustrating annoyance for too long.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.