Skip to main content

ALL MY LISTINGS SINCE 3:00 PST HAVE THIS ERROR. aNYONE ELSE HAVING THE PROBLEM? Or does anyone know what the hell it means?
API Warning

You must accept these terms and conditions for automatic payment method that will be used to pay any charges related to selling and buyer reimbursements. Once you complete the above step, you will not be asked again on your other listings. Please visit http://scgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...I.dll%3FMyEbay&fId=4 to accept these terms
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi DIANE1104,

Thanks for posting your question here. As the API warning messages you have been receiving indicate, it appears that eBay just needs you to accept the terms and conditions for automatic payment method that will be used to pay any charges related to selling and buyer reimbursements.

In order to do so, you should just need to click the link in the message to reach the eBay page from which you can accept those terms and then proceed as directed.

You can learn more about eBay's buyer reimbursement procedures on the following page of their help index: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/reimbursement.html

I am not in a position to explain why eBay just started returning this message in response to your posting attempts this afternoon but, according to the message, you should not be asked about this again for your future listings once you have completed the process.

I hope this helps clear things up!

-Mike
Ebay announced another new policy change in the Fall Seller newsletter -- an update to the automated payment method Billing Agreement. Since it replaces the previous agreement, all sellers have to agree to the new one - I believe by 10/26 - and should be able to do so from their account on eBay - however I can't readily find it.

When I was revising a current listing however, a form came up right in the middle of the process with the following information, so I thought I'd share it. It is an authorization for eBay to charge whatever payment method you have on file in your account for: "all charges related to your selling activity on any eBay site, including without limitation, seller fees, shipping labels printed on the eBay site, reimbursements to eBay for buyer refunds, charges associated with any eBay program you use and any other amounts that you authorize eBay to charge, and any amounts you owe eBay or its affiliated entities under any eBay Buyer Protection (eBP) policy globally." I had the option of accepting on the spot or reviewing later. I printed it out, then chose the latter, and was then able to complete that particular listing revision.

So....the link Mike forwarded explains the buyer protection part of this. If you're opted into the Ebay Returns, I can see the logic there. But here's my question that I have been searching eBay for an answer to for a couple of days: what does the clause "shipping labels printed on the eBay site" in the quoted paragraph above refer to? I already purchase postage labels via eBay, but my PayPal account is debited for each label at that time. I have my monthly selling fees charged to a credit card. Are they going to debit my PayPal account AND charge my credit card each month for the postage a 2nd time? I doubt it, but does anyone know where I can find information on this part of the new agreement?

Thanks!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.