Skip to main content

Hello Community,

We have completed our site update that began earlier today and I want to give you a brief overview of what was in the release.

1. We’ve renamed the Auctiva Store that showcases your eBay listings to “Auctiva Emporium.”

2. This week a new listing preview page will be slowly rolled out to small groups of users at a time. This preview will look more like the actual eBay listing and you will be able to see the item specifics you’ve entered for the listing in the preview (how many times have I forgotten to check those!) Until we get our lister redone to easily show the item specifics that you’ve entered, this little improvement should help in the meantime. Because this is being released in groups of users, it may take a couple of weeks for all users to see the new preview page.

3. New “Your Order Has Shipped” email template--now you can send an email to your buyers that can include the tracking/delivery confirmation # (if available). Use the default template we’ve made, or customize your own. All email templates can be found by hovering your mouse over the Sales tab and clicking on the “Manage” link under the Custom Emails section. This email can be sent individually or in bulk from the Sales page.

4. We have removed the plans from our pricing page that included our full featured, off-eBay Auctiva Commerce stores (this will affect new users only--legacy users who were on the Bronze, Silver, Gold or higher plans will continue to be on those plans.) Users who are not currently on an Auctiva Commerce plan and would like to sign up for an Auctiva Commerce store may do so by going to their new home page here . This will make billing much simpler and for those who only wanted a commerce store to begin with will no longer need to have an Auctiva.com account to sign up.

5. To see the link to the Community Forums users must be logged in to their Auctiva.com account. This is to improve the integrity of the forum and to reduce the amount of “spam” postings that sometimes crop up randomly from people who are not users. This measure won’t keep all those posts away, but it should help. Of course, in the event of a site outage or other technical difficulties, a link to the forums will be provided on the home page regardless of your log-in status.

More updates coming in the near future!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for update.. do have major question and am hoping this is done but overlooked putting in here.

Item #2 I know this has been asked for on forums and discussed numerous times. It has also been on the feature center suggestion area and now on TO DO list for quite a long time now. But wondering IF by chance this update included NOT having this specifics as a pop-up, just having it incorporated on the main page. Waiting on the pop-up is such a hassle and time consumer and we know time is $$$$$$$$$. I know in past when I have mentioned this they both went hand in hand. Hoping because of slowness issues this will speed up the process.

Thanks for any input on this.. hoping you just overlooked mentioning this has been done???? I hope.. . if not any chance of getting it soon???

Also, how about an update on the feature center to do list? Would have put this on previous feature center thread but your personnel closed that thread awhile back so can't post there. Notice is seems stagnant lately.

Thanks
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hi Vickie!

The item specifics feature you are referring to is something we'll be adding when we update our lister later this year. Since we have to make a major overhaul of our lister to comply with eBay's new Business & Returns Policies in the coming months, we are holding off on making major updates to the current lister (we'll just have a much-needed new lister later this year.)
Questions on this part of your list:

quote:
5. To see the link to the Community Forums users must be logged in to their Auctiva.com account. This is to improve the integrity of the forum and to reduce the amount of “spam” postings that sometimes crop up randomly from people who are not users. This measure won’t keep all those posts away, but it should help. Of course, in the event of a site outage or other technical difficulties, a link to the forums will be provided on the home page regardless of your log-in status.

In light of this weeks outage on auctiva could you please answer couple of questions. In the event of other failures (YES, has happened before, will happen again just part of things that happen)

IF we have to log in to get announcements now, how does that effect (affect) updates for future outages? i.e. how will we know if others are having issue if we have to log in to post on forums????

Also, can we still file support cases in the event of a failure?

How can we do either of these, or check to see if others are having issues if we have to log in first???? Confused but far from a techie.

Hate to be alarmist, but is there have plan in place (just like a home fire plan) to get information to each other, as well as auctiva announcements and updates???

Frankly, please do not say check our facebook or blog.

thanks for any input on this.
Hi lookandbuyme,

In the event that an outage were to occur which prevents you from being about to log into your Auctiva account, you should still be able to access our Community Forum by going directly to https://community.auctiva.com or by searching for "Auctiva Community" or something similar on Google or another major search engine.

As Rebecca mentioned, in the event of a site outage or other technical difficulties, a link to the forums will be provided on the home page regardless of your log-in status.

It is not inconceivable that a technical problem might prevent users from filing support cases, but this particular change should not have any impact on that either because you still do not need to be logged into your account to file a support case.

-Mike
Auctiva...a year has come and gone....can you please tell us what is the status of the ITEM specifics being incorporated into main page?

So one does not have to read entire post to get what I am asking.

This relates somewhat to Rebecca post #2 (loosely relates) so am not cut/pasting that.

Here is what I asked back:

quote:

Item #2 I know this has been asked for on forums and discussed numerous times. It has also been on the feature center suggestion area and now on TO DO list for quite a long time now. But wondering IF by chance this update included NOT having this specifics as a pop-up, just having it incorporated on the main page. Waiting on the pop-up is such a hassle and time consumer and we know time is $$$$$$$$$. I know in past when I have mentioned this they both went hand in hand. Hoping because of slowness issues this will speed up the process.

Here is auctiva rebecca response:

quote:
posted April 04, 2012 10:48 AM Hide Post
Hi Vickie!

The item specifics feature you are referring to is something we'll be adding when we update our lister later this year. Since we have to make a major overhaul of our lister to comply with eBay's new Business & Returns Policies in the coming months, we are holding off on making major updates to the current lister (we'll just have a much-needed new lister later this year.)

Would be nice not to have to wait on that to pop up but for it just to be there...

Thanks for an update...this has been in feature center to do for a couple of years now and been talked about on forums numerous times.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.