Skip to main content

Has anyone else been overcharged?

I pay $19.90 a month for the Premium Plan on direct debit and this month they have taken $29.85 out of my account.

I thought the packages were set? I can't see any price rises detailed on the site, and none of the packages relate to that price.

I am pretty hacked off about this.
Could anyone maybe explain?
Best wishes
Alison
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by littlelight:
I would think it were worth it if I could get my listings to go in for the store. I don't know if I did something wrong....which is entirely possible...or if the site is just experiencing some issues. I'm actually a newbie even though I've been around a while. I just haven't figured this thing out yet. Thanks for the assist.
Hi! I just looked at the error messages you've received when trying to post to store inventory (you can view these by clicking on the red number box at the top of the page or by looking at your Scheduled Listings page)...you do need to have a store on eBay in order to post listings in that format.
When you are creating a listing, select "Auction" or "Fixed Price" as the sale type at the top and it should work fine.

Hope that helps!
quote:
Originally posted by Bunnygirl:
Has anyone else been overcharged?

I pay $19.90 a month for the Premium Plan on direct debit and this month they have taken $29.85 out of my account.

I thought the packages were set? I can't see any price rises detailed on the site, and none of the packages relate to that price.

I am pretty hacked off about this.
Could anyone maybe explain?
Best wishes
Alison
Hello,
The additional fees on your invoice appear to be from the image hosting. You do get 1GB with the $9.95/mo plan, but if you go over that, there is an additional fee (you are currently at 1.71 GB). If you think there's been an error, please contact our Customer Support team to sort it out.
Sorry I can't be of more help!
I was too disappointed to find out that an Auctiva store on eBay is not considered by eBay to be an eBay store. It's a shame. Auctiva offers so much I love! I can't find a cheaper way than 35 cents per listing to list BUY IT NOW through Auctiva stores. It is only 3 cents to list through eBay stores. I don't know if I can find a way to justify the difference for what I'm trying to do, even though the least expensive eBay stores are 62% more expensive. The way I figure it I spend the difference with every 21 listings. eBay also gives it's store owners preference which results in better exposure on their site. Can you tell me Rebecca what advantages I'm getting with Auctiva to make it worth the additional listing fees? I mean other than the obvious fact that Auctiva store designs are much nicer to look at, which should mean customers would be more drawn to hang around than at the exact same store on eBay. I'm truly torn with this decision so your input is very much appreciated.
I recently started using Auctiva myself a couple months ago. I love it. Here's my opinion: If you have hundreds or thousands of items to sell on eBay, then it might be worth getting an eBay store to keep your inventory in.
But if you don't list that many things at one time, it's easy to figure out if it's worth it.
Ebay store fee is $15.95 a month
Insertion fee starts at .03
final value fee's are 12% for the first $25 (smaller percent after that)
picture fees .15 each after the first free one
schedule fee .10
pretty template .10

I only sell about 50 things a month, and I figure Auctiva easily saves me about $40 in Ebay fee's (I use 5-6 pictures for each item, and always schedule them to start at a certain time using Auctiva.) Even if I had listed directly on Ebay instead of using Auctiva, I would be loosing a lot of money in the image fees alone.
Many things I sell in auction format with a buy it now option, so the final value fee's are only 8.75%, which saves me a ton of money too.

It's ultimately up to you. If you have enough merchandise to justify paying the $15.95 for an eBay store, and the other fee's, then it might be worth it.

Diane
I have to agree with Diane with some added reasons the main one more sales.

If you follow my link to my eBay store you will see that I had a custom template made only because they only had one for Marine Supplies. But I will say my sales improved with my presentation.

The savings that Diane spoke are true, you just have to do the math.

Better looking presentation's, more pictures the scrolling gallery all help. But anywhere you sell you want to stand out.

My template was under $50.00 and I was able to carry the theme over to my Auctiva Commerce store to keep my branding flowing.

I not sure what you sell but Auctiva might have a nice Template that you can use another benefit.
Ok, so what am doing wrong that eBay wants to charge me for the photos when I list through Auctiva same as if I were listing without an eBay store?.....and Marine Direct Supply, if you already had a great template which you didn't change, what can you attribute the increased sales to? Is your .com and eBay store, or is Auctiva your first store on eBay?
quote:
Hello,
The additional fees on your invoice appear to be from the image hosting. You do get 1GB with the $9.95/mo plan, but if you go over that, there is an additional fee (you are currently at 1.71 GB). If you think there's been an error, please contact our Customer Support team to sort it out.
Sorry I can't be of more help!

Bunny girl, I don't know what kind of software you use but I found that Microsoft offers a PowerToy free of charge that automatically and amazingly fast and easy to use (you can resize a whole directory in seconds or do just one photo and choose to either save or delete the originals)..FOR FREE...that allows me to make my photo sizes much smaller before I upload them so I need so much space for them. Turns out my originals must be huge as I make them a small percentage of the original and they are still just a big viewed on line! You can easily get under your 1Gig limit and stay there. Mine is for WindowsXP but I'm sure you can find a free utility to resize yours if you are using a different software.
I will let Rebecca or someone else tackle the fees as I am not sure on that one.

I had a eBay store for 6 mnts. and was using tubrolister for my listings. I was paying extra for more than 1 pic and had no template.

I saw the listings with more than 1 pic and fancy templates and the scrolling gallery and started looking into it.

When I found Auctiva it seemed to have everything except they only had 1 free template for boating they have many more if you sell other things. I found Jen'et from J. Nelsong and she did my Auctiva template for my eBay listings. I had a eBay store with over 600 listings that are GTC and a few auction's a month so it made sense to pay eBay for the store. (the bottom link)

With Auctiva I can have as many pic's up to 25 i think and not pay eBay for any extras as long as I use my Auctiva template and there listing tools.

When eBay started changing there policy's and fees I wanted a stand alone store that had nothing to do with eBay. (MarineSupplyDirect.com)

Around that time Auctive started Autiva Commerce which separate from there Auctiva listing tools. It is a stand alone store not linked to anyone or eBay.
Marine Direct Supply, let me see if I got this right. You are using an actual eBay store but listing through Auctiva listing tools? Is that right??

Yes that is correct.

And you're saying you save more on the photos than you spend on the extra listing fees? Or does eBay allow you to list as Store Inventory even though the listing originates from Auctiva?

There are no extra fees for using the Auctiva Tools I can list to eBay anyway I want store, auction or fixed price and I do everything from Auctiva Tools.

I then use Auctiva tools to send the listing to my Auctiva Commerce stand alone store and put it into my store as inventory. The only downside at this time is if it sells on eBay I have to adjust the inventory at my store and the other way around if I sell it in my store.
Sweet! Now I get it. Also I must say both stores look great thanks to your template. Thanks for your patience with me and for your help. For whatever reason eBay accepted my listing without those extra fees just like you said. I'm wondering now if I had some extra features checked or something which was resulting in the higher fees rather than the images?? Who knows, but thanks to your help I didn't give up and it is working just fine now.
So if your eBay store was an Auctiva store on eBay would that resolve the inventory issue? Do both kinds of Auctiva stores communicate with each other that way?
To help make it clear Auctiva stands for the Auctiva tools.

AucComm = Is your separate stand alone store from Auctiva Commerce

This is confusing to a lot of people

The "store " your get with your Auctiva account is just a customizable extension of you eBay store. Here is mine http://www.auctiva.com/stores/...d=1295903&styleid=12

And is nothing more than another way to market your eBay listings and if you click on a item it takes to that in eBay.

My AuComm store www.marinesupplydirect.com has no link to eBay at all. I can sell the same stuff as on eBay or not. Most of my prices in the store are priced less as the final value fee's are a fraction of eBay and there are no listing fee's.

They hope to allow you to sync the inventory Qty. that is common on both in 2010 but there is no ETA.

The template came from J. Nelsong and the store design is the work Michelle G. from /www.btgdesigns.net/. I wanted to get the store open and the rates from both were great and well within my budget.

There is a section in the Auctiva listing that lets you select added features, what you look for is any field that has a $ at the end is extra. Also any projected fees you see in Auctiva are for day in and day out. If eBay offers a promo you will get that from eBay.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.