Skip to main content

I am new to auctiva and I love the pictures they provide. can you ever enhance the photos like in e-bay. what is this insurance all about pro's and cons. I demand insurance on glassware, am I going to be charged by auctiva and e-bay. will I be double billed through e-bay for listings and auctiva. very scared too many hidden fees/ paranoid?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I guess you didn't read the fine print because posting to this message board is $100k per post. The bill for that will appear in your account shortly. How is that for hidden! Lol.

The only fees you'll have are your normal eBay fees. Sorry but we can't pay those for you. We would if we could, but that would probably bankrupt us within a day. Maybe even sooner than that.

Then of course fees for shipping insurance. We'd love it if you use ours because it's better, and it helps support us. If you do that just don't buy your insurance at the post office or on PayPal. We make it easy to buy on our site and in many cases it can be bought automatically which saves you the trouble of having to figure out when to purchase it. There is a large help section on shipping insurance on our help page.

PS: There is a $50k fee for reading this thread for those reading it. I guess you didn't read the fine print either. The bill will appear in your account shortly. And now you know exactly how we make our money, lol.
BS Jeff. As soon as a new account is opened, auctiva shipping insurance box (by default) is automatically checked.....NOBODY knows this until buyer purchases through auctiva checkout and get insurance ~ they get an email (like I did today) saying that you have a balance with Auctiva. If I would have known, perhaps I wouldn't have purchased it TWICE, once with Post Office and once with you! Not cool....had to change setting manually today, and now because of that dishonesty, I rather pay more at the post office than pay AUCTIVA AGAIN.
I personally think the Insurance is one of the BEST FEATURES of Auctiva. Auctiva does have to have a few revenue streams to offset the costs of all the free services. But, you can opt-out of using the Insurance. If that's too much to ask, you've come to the wrong place IMO.

I think all the so-called "hidden" fees are anything but hidden. All you need to do is go through the site posts and options to understand clearly what you get and how you can take advantage (or not).

Perhaps I'm over reacting, but it's become all too familiar a problem on the eBay site to have buyers that DON'T READ the listing and then complain about not getting what they thought with Negs and Neutral-Negs. If you are a seller, appreciate the irony of your objection and think about it carefully before you decide to blast me for the observation. Wink

Danno
Last edited by danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.