Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm getting this warning message from my Yoggie, which is blocking entry to the main Auctiva site:

Virus

The file you are trying to download was recognized by the Kaspersky anti-virus as containing a virus or other type of malware.
The file has been blocked and a block message with malware details is displayed in the browser instead.
Heres supports reply to my help request just as the system crashed.

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter, and I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. This is a known issue to us and our engineers are working to resolve this as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing. If there is anything further I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support.

Hope that helps y'all as much as it helps me
Same problems here. Auctiva owes all of us a transparent explanation of why we received virus and/or malware warnings again today from security devices and software. They have received very critical comment in the software press lately, and I think it's every bit deserved. Being coy with devoted users of many years doesn't cut it with me, frankly. So, Auctiva, what have to say about the virus and malware warnings today?
Yep, I'm back up and running too. Listed one item tentatively and all went through fine. No virus warnings for me... ? Maybe I missed it... I just left Auctiva alone for a few hours... I'm all virus checked and latest updates/patches for everything I could think of and no problems here.

However, I agree whole-heartedly regarding a response from Auctiva for these recently increasing problems, or at the very least something a little better than a genericly sympathetic boxed and wrapped auto-reply.

I certainly understand that at the point when the site started falling down earlier today the development team at Auctiva were most likely in scramble mode to find out what was happening, but now it's back up and apparently working normally again, why no mass email to subscribers with some sort of explanation for us.

I for one would appreciate any information from Auctiva as to whether the problems related to recent version updates of Firefox or Java for example. Or does the latest patch from our mate Bill G. have something to do with it? It would be nice to know...
quote:
Originally posted by Wahoocburt:
Still can't post to ebay motors!!! Been trying since the 28th!! Keep getting "API Error". Between Commerse and this, I haven't been able to do "JACK" for two weeks!!

SUCCESS!!! I was finally able to chat with someone at Ebay Motors about my problem. She told me what to look for in my listings. Unfortunatly it didn't work BUT it got me looking at listings that worked and those that didn't. What I found was I had added a line of code for a Hyperlink to my Auctiva Commerce Store in the very first line of the description. Once I removed it from the first line everything uploaded just fine! My other listings had that line of code further down in the description body. Hope this helps someone! I don't know if it will apply to anyone else, but it's an easy fix if it does.
quote:
Posted March 07, 2009 11:27 PM Hide Post
Same problems here. Auctiva owes all of us a transparent explanation of why we received virus and/or malware warnings again today from security devices and software. They have received very critical comment in the software press lately, and I think it's every bit deserved. Being coy with devoted users of many years doesn't cut it with me, frankly. So, Auctiva, what have to say about the virus and malware warnings today?

Auctiva is being rather mum on why we received virus/malware warnings over the weekend. I'm posting to express my disappointment that Auctiva has failed to respond in any way, let alone offer a truthful, transparent explanation. Do you sense that someone is/wants to hide the ball?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.