Skip to main content

How long until the image hosting problem is resolved? Cannot list & current listings have no pics/ take forever to load. I am not the only one with this issue...check the forum. Besides the listing/hosting problems, what I really want an answer to is WHY no announcement? I have completely stopped using the scrolling window because of all the recurring issues and the lack of open and honest communication about that problem...do I need a new host too?

I truly do not understand why you'd rather have numerous support requests filed instead of SIMPLY MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT and giving people an estimate of how long it'll go on, so you know, people could maybe plan their day? At least take reposibility and address the problem! Technical issues are one thing, the way they are handled, the complete lack of communication is just plain inconsiderate and unprofessional. I can't imagine it makes sense financially for Auctiva to spend countless hours on support requests rather than make a simple announcement...what am I missing? How does this make sense?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This really SUCKS! I have some auctions ending today. When I first signed up with Auctiva they were having all kinds of problems that lasted a few days. This was about a month and a half ago... now this....

I will NOT be using Auctiva again. As I mentioned in a previous post that was deleted...we should send emails to the company(s) that support Auctiva and let them know of these problems. Auctiva may be free to us, but they must be getting money from somewhere.
I feel my day has been wasted trying to do new listings with many picture upload problems. Then I get an email from a bidder that my pictures are not showing. With numerous auctions closing today I know this is going to cost me $$ in lost bids-who buys without pictures?? So this fee service is anything but. I really liked the templates but I can not give this amount of time to not knowing a problem is not being addressed.
I am fairly new to using Auctiva! I do like it for the most part. I just started several listings and went to check on them...no pics! No pics in my image files!
I can understand an occassional glitch but apparently this is an ongoing thing!
I do hope that they can get this resolved. It looks like there will be a lot of people leaving Auctiva if they don't. Roll Eyes
I have already contacted my Power Seller rep regarding Auctiva's continued problems and lack of customer service. Since Auctiva is a member of eBay's Developer program, contacting eBay about Auctiva's consistant poor service and response is my only option, since obviously I'm not getting anywhere here.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnJohn:
Time to flag Ebay to these persistent problems, maybe THEY can, ahem, help Auctiva get their act together, if they can pry them off the rides at Disneyland.
I've been with Auctiva a long time now(years). It always has been, when it works it's great. But, it seems like about every 3 or 4 months they have major server issues. I quit using their pay service because of it. I came back with the new service.

There never has been much support on the weekends and probally never will be.

It's one of the reasons I quit posting auctions that close Sundays. Your going to have to deal with it or change services.

If anyone has any suggests please let me know. I don't have the time to research them.
I thought I was the only one with this problem. I switched my auctions to Ioffer and to yahoo. I have five items people wanted to see pics on, that's how I found out. Lol, what a surprise. I've started to switch my pics to my migente and hi5 profiles, so to host the pics onto my ebay, ioffer, and yahoo auctions. Lol, have to do something or no sales. hope you guys at auctiva will let us Confusedknow when you'll have this fixed. thanks
quote:
Originally posted by night:
It's one of the reasons I quit posting auctions that close Sundays. Your going to have to deal with it or change services.

If anyone has any suggests please let me know. I don't have the time to research them.

I hate to agree with this, but I guess you're right. I stuck with it because of the many promises that the new servers were going to fix the problems, which, by the way, are NOT just on Sundays...remember the holidays last year? Even with all the problems, the BIGGEST one in my book is the way they are handled, no respect for the users, no communication, not on weekdays, either. Sad...
Notified? I filed a ticket OVER 2 HOURS AGO, and have just been getting generic responses from Jack. Who knows how many other tickets have been opened on the issue.

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi Community,

This post is to inform you that Auctiva's engineers have been notied that our users are experiencing at the moment and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. It is the first priority of our company to determine and correct these problems. Remember, we are on the same team.

I will post more information on this thread as it becomes available to me.

-Mike
Thank you, Mike for finally responding, but could you please address the issue of why there are never any announcements? I don't think I can deal with another holiday season with recurring issues and no communication. Many users want an answer, not just me...why is it so hard to post an announcement when the site/parts of are down?

annkate, I hear ya, but it's not just the technical problems...it's the lack of information that I am finding unacceptable. Most services DO give you that much consideration, except for eBay, of course, but Auctiva is not even close to being the major player in their market...they do not have the luxury of being able to ignore their customers that way, and it just plain makes no business sense to do that.
I'm still at about half and half for my images.

As for "all being part of the same team", you are wrong Mike. This isn't a "team" environment. This is a Vendor-Customer relationship, one that you guys are failing quite badly at maintaining.

quote:
Originally posted by 84rms:
Hi, I got an email from a customer also about the pictures but I just checked my listings and my pictures are up and running. Auctiva support, thanks for jumping on this and resolving it.
quote:
Originally posted by SeanC:
I'm still at about half and half for my images.

quote:
Hi, I got an email from a customer also about the pictures but I just checked my listings and my pictures are up and running. Auctiva support, thanks for jumping on this and resolving it.

It's not just the image server either, the entire Auctiva site is lagging for some reason, and forget Saved Images, it'll take a week for them all to load, if at all.

I'm guessing it's a RAID array in serious need of maintenance.
"Hi,

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. This is a known issue to us and our engineers are working on it to resolve it as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and appreciate your patience.

Thank You,
Auctiva Support.

Customer Posted Sunday, 9/24/2006 4:30:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is causing more than an inconvenience -- it is also costing me money. Not only are people not bidding -- (as per emails I am receiving) because they cannot see the item - I have not been able to list a single item to go on to Ebay. I have been working on this since early this morning to no avail. I often do my listings Sunday in the am to go on in the pm and have never had this problem before. Is there an estimated time for a fix or do I need to go to another site to make my listings??? -------------------------------------
Tout4090 - what site did you go to -
Is Autiva going to pay for the $$$$ lost because bidders couldn't see my pictures and moved on to the seller WITH ACTUAL pictures? No sane person would bid on something they can't see! There have been major problems with this service ever since I started. I kept thinking Auctiva would get it's act together. But today takes the cake. I quit. It cost too much in dollars AND time!
quote:
Posted September 24, 2006 05:20 PM
Mike, you said 4:40. Guess what? Its past that and my listings are still not loading and pictures are not all there. What is going on???

Well mine have been working just fine for quite awhile now, so thanks again Auctiva for resolving this. You guys always have to here from the complaints but no one emails to say thank you.
quote:
quote:
Posted September 24, 2006 05:20 PM
Mike, you said 4:40. Guess what? Its past that and my listings are still not loading and pictures are not all there. What is going on???

Well mine have been working just fine for quite awhile now, so thanks again Auctiva for resolving this. You guys always have to here from the complaints but no one emails to say thank you.

My pics are back, site is up to speed, gonna give them a break for an hour or so before I list anything new - if anything needs work, it's that someone at Auctiva should be monitoring not just their servers, but real time image hosting and the like, to see if any problems are manifesting themselves.

Glad it's back anyway, and I know I'm tough on ya`all, but someone's gotta be. Smile
quote:

Norman Sherfield

That's great, but they have not addressed the main issue: WHY are there NO announcements when this stuff happens, which is VERY frequently? Lovely that your pics are back...hope you're OK with more problems just before the holidays like last year and NO communication. Thank you for fixing it Auctiva, but the lack of an announcement is UNPROFESSIONAL and disrespectful. You need to do that BEFORE people freak out on the forums for days/hours.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.