Skip to main content

can you please explain to us WHY the image servers are failing every day? is this something that you can fix?

and please don't give us yet the same answer that 'the technical staff is aware of the problem...'

we need a reason to have faith in Auctiva again.

thanks. i love this place so much but these hinky image servers are costing me more money than i can afford right now.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our engineering department is aware of this issue and will have images back up as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience with regard to this matter.

I know you asked not to receive this response but it's all I have for you right now and I want others who potentially view this thread to view this response.

-Mike
I watched patiently as my auctions ended again without pictures. Many of the items went unsold and unfortunately most of these were relisted items. This site has many great features such as the templates, scheduling and image hosting (when available). Since switching to Auctiva, my unsold item % has increased along with my frustration. It is great to be able to schedule an auction when you want it to start and have a professional looking format, but if you have no picture to go with, niether of us will make any money. I have been offering insurance to more of my buyers in hope of supporting this site, but if items don't sell... I would also be able to offer more insurance via Auctiva if I could combine items under one insurance cost. I typically sell multiple items to one buyer, but end up having to get insurance through USPS. I would rather pay a fee and have pictures than the other way around. Do I list tomorrow and hope images can last for a week?
quote:
Originally posted by bandbstamps:
I watched patiently as my auctions ended again without pictures. Many of the items went unsold and unfortunately most of these were relisted items. This site has many great features such as the templates, scheduling and image hosting (when available). Since switching to Auctiva, my unsold item % has increased along with my frustration. It is great to be able to schedule an auction when you want it to start and have a professional looking format, but if you have no picture to go with, niether of us will make any money. I have been offering insurance to more of my buyers in hope of supporting this site, but if items don't sell... I would also be able to offer more insurance via Auctiva if I could combine items under one insurance cost. I typically sell multiple items to one buyer, but end up having to get insurance through USPS. I would rather pay a fee and have pictures than the other way around. Do I list tomorrow and hope images can last for a week?

Ditto.

I'm not listing through Auctiva any more until I know it's fixed. I don't know when that will be, but I have listed well over 2000 different items through Auctiva in the past few months. Not gonna happen now. Not till it's fixed. No more living on hope, no more living on promises that haven't been fulfilled. I can't lose money like I have been, and I don't have the time to deal with dozens of emails from potential buyers saying "where's your pictures?"
Hi Community,

As I'm sure you're all aware, we have experienced technical difficulties this week with the loading of auction images. To ensure that all auction images load successfully, we have disabled 50% of store window images...meaning that 50% of the people who view your listings will see images in your store window.

We appreciate your patience with regard to this matter.

-Mike
Can you tell us when the store windows will be up and running again? It's kind of discouraging to have it listing "no items available" rather than "we are experiencing technical difficulties" or something like that. This way just makes it look like we have nothing else available.

Is there a way to turn off the store window for all the listings at once, or does it have to be done one at a time?

Thanks!
quote:
Is there a way to turn off the store window for all the listings at once

in case you haven't a reply yet Gracie, just follow the blue tab at top of page labeled STORE then blue tabs or links for Store Window... choices are ENABLED & DISABLED.

I disabled mine several days ago & psycologically, I am MUCH less stressed when I view my auctions and DON'T see "NO ITEMS AVAILABLE" banner across the top of each auction. Yer right dmh - it should say TECHNICAL difficulties...the current message is another deterrant for potential business.
quote:
Is there a way to turn off the store window for all the listings at once, or does it have to be done one at a time?

Do what Crabby suggested for the listings you haven't posted yet...but for current listings, you'll have to cut the code out of the html for each one. If you get the store html, you can easily compare to your eBay listing. It's usually at the top (unless you've moved it to the bottom). I know it sounds time consuming, but I did it, and feel much better about the whole thing. My pictures are loading much faster now too. I love the window, but it just causes problems when it's not working and we don't even have a hopeful date as to when it might be fixed, if ever.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.