Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Is anyone else more equipped to take on the diversity of a multi-faceted auction site? Does Auctiva have some sort of written contract with eBay? If so, can't a "friend" start the site with proper backing and gained knowledge?

Maybe a site with seller funding could be the answer?

I just want an alternative! Get the sellers and the buyers will come. Most all sellers are down on eBay right now. It's a perfect time for an alternative!
We don't have any clause from eBay that says we can't.

I have commented in threads in the past on why it would be difficult for any new site to compete with eBay and why many of the ones that have tried have failed. Along with why we haven't supported such new sites.

That is not to say it can't be done. I think it can. The people that have tried thus far have either done it wrong, not had all the parts or just bad timing.
Jeff, there has never been a more opportune time than right now (if you have the means). I'm not sure of why some of the bigger names failed (most likely it was not the right time). Some are still making a valiant effort, but I don't see them going anywhere.

Auctiva certainly has the branding at this point. If the means are within reach, the only other thing you need is a good ad campaign and good employees to make it work.

Sellers are more than ready to make a switch, the buyers will follow if they know where the sellers are.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.