Skip to main content

Did my first listing yesterday on Auctivia. Seems ok but wasn't wide enough to fill the screen. I used the original listing as a "sell similar" and just replaced the pictures and description. When I previewed it, it was too wide. Thought it might be ok on eBay. It isn't. The template section is way too wide for the screen. WHAT DID I DO WRONG. I didn't think I changed settings. ALSO>.. How do I spell check my listings? Thank you so much for your help. Mary Lou
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi there, thank you for inquiring. The ebay # is 330321133260
The one I copied it from is: 330320915343

That is the one that is a bit narrow for the page. Keep in mind I did nothing to correct this one.
It is a real disappointment that there is no spell check.

quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
Hi Mary Lou,

Can you provide a link or the eBay listing number for the problem listing.

Auctiva recently removed the spell-check function from the one-page lister. However, you can use the built-in spell checker with the Firefox browser, as one possible option.

Danno
quote:

The wide description section is cause by a huge number of no blank spaces in the listing. Those show in HTML code as &nb_sp; (had to put a _ between the &nb and the sp; for it to display in the Forum). That's essentially a code for no blank space, i.e don't wrap the text. That starts just after the text "represents the modern world as we know it." in the listing.

If you go back to the Saved Listing and switch the description box to HTML mode, you'll see the codes. That's like holding down the space bar.

Danno
quote:
Those show in HTML code as &nb_sp; (had to put a _ between the &nb and the sp; for it to display in the Forum).

Thank you for always being such a help on the boards Danno. To write special characters like that on the board, use the code for the ampersand instead of an actual ampersand: &

So to write   you would type   (and to type that, I had to type  , etc.)
Hi Neil,

Thanks. Couldn't remember the short-hand, and the getting the answer back was the priority.

Hopefully, the one-page didn't create the problem and it's a simple case of leaning on the space-bar a little to hard.

Last time I saw this one, my cat was playing with the system mouse and was sitting on the keyboard (caught in the act). Another Sophie story for the Forum record. hehe Big Grin

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.