Skip to main content

Hello, Is there a way to delete images from image hosting when I delete a listing? Deletion wizard does not support this option. All of our listings are one of a kind. Many of our listings that do not sell we like to keep for relist at a later date maybe next year or in 3 months ect. so just because it is inactive does not mean we want to delete it.
It seems like a check box to delete all images associated with a listing when you go to delete a listing would be pretty easy for you to add. As it is right now it is a very daunting task for me to clear up my account and you servers. I would most likely use up half the space we are right now. As I know other people would benefit from this and the cost savings and ease to implement on your part [A few lines of code at the most] It seems like this issue is a no brainier and should be taken care of by now. This is not the first time I and others have asked.

Please help, as it is costing you and me money at this point.

Off topic: Could you please stop spamming me with the alilibaba cr@p , I don't buy cheap china crap nor do I wish to sell or support it.

How about adding a made in the USA source tab and you would be the leader in this area. There, I am sure plenty of small mom and pop company's that would love this type of exposer and resource. I can think of at least a dozen right here in my little town. Just a thought.

Thanks
Larry @ CurbTradersVintage

CurbTradersVintage
Curb Traders
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

curbtrader3,

The functionality you mention--to delete images when the underlying listing is deleted--is something we see the value of too, and is on our to-do list.

Regarding AliExpress emails, we aren't spamming you; you can turn these off by logging into your account, navigating to your Account Preferences page and unchecking the two boxes at the bottom of that page labeled 'Sourcing information and promotions' and 'Notify me about the AliExpress Deal of the Week'.
Tony, when doing this I would love if you would consider having it so IF you want to move SOLD items in another say a "SOLD FOLDER" that the photos would automatically move to the IMAGES "SOLD FOLDER".

I tend to put my sold items in my sold folder for extended periods of time, because sometimes I will get same item again. Eventually will go through and delete them, but that will be an annual clean out probably.

Maybe have set up so that IF you put have a
Saved Listing Folder saying for example:

WOMENS SLACKS that the photos that coordinate with the item that is sold, be put in Saved Image Folder with Same Name all in one filing step.

That would be really sweet, as right now I go in and find the saved listing for a sold item and put them in sold folder. I then go into images and move the ones that coordinate with that listing into the Sold Images Folder.

Hope this makes sense???

Vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.