Skip to main content

I was messing with aps and started creating a listing direct through ebay system just to see how that was now. (W@W that has changed). Immediately noticed that you can scan barcode with ebay system AP to save TIME with listing process? (time is $$$$) sooooooo. . .

I am sure ebay system is not "up to speed" yet as did not have items in hand to try. But as they get more items in the system this will be tremendous time saver. I can't seem to locate that feature on auctiva AP. . . am I missing something??? I realize we can hand put in the numbers, putting them and checking them twice....but being able to scan them is a HUGE time saver not only in putting in numbers BUT in filling in listing information.

Do we have it and maybe I need an update? If not are we getting it? IF so when? This is a feature that will be GREAT as more items are thrown into red laser system.

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi lookandbuyme,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. I have read about the new functionality you are referring to on the eBay mobile app, but we do not have any plans to integrate barcode scanning functionality into our own mobile app. I find it unlikely that eBay provides the means for third party developers to tap into this aspect of their system at this time, but we will consider the possibility if it arises.

If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team be mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
Thanks...

Another quick question....others may be interested in also since phones/pads are becoming a great listing tool when on the road.

If we use scan option through ebay

item closes it hits auctiva system right when it ends??

I am assuming it does, if so
Do we have to change up listing to relist with auctiva or will that information transfer over?

Thanks
Hi lookandbuyme,

If you relist an item using the "Bulk Relist" option on the Auctiva Closed Listings page, our system only submits new information for the sections you have indicated you would like to change (if any) so I would expect any information populated by the barcode scanner to remain intact when the item has been relisted to eBay.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.