Skip to main content

guys make sure when you register , apparently auctiva offers some sort of "shipping insurance".
i know alot of you might have burned by auctiva that way, but be careful.

they wont mention anything about it in your interface when you sold a few items then your gunna get charged a small percentage of the item. i obviously didn't know about this, By default when you make your ad through Auctiva your automaticlly registered to give insurance. Confused

2 thumbs WAAAy ddown for this b.s
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Oh yeah! UmbrellaAero is CORRECT. Just paid 6.50 to auctiva today, because they conveniently check the default to add their own shipping insurance when you open an account. You will not see a charge until one of your buyers pays through Auctiva's checkout and purchases insurance. Auctiva charges you for their insurance (.25 less then the PO), but since you don't even know that the box is automatically checked and auctiva is going to charge you, you turn around and purchase it from the Post Office as well. Had to go in and change the settings today. Everyone should double check.....My Account~Settings~Auctiva Shipping Insurance Settings~First option (use auctiva's shipping insurance)
I think its a warning that Auctiva is free, and if people don't get shipping insurance etc (a way of paying for the service) then Auctiva may have to start charging for their services.

After all they do provide free hosting, great customer service (in my opinion anyway), and a load of other great extras. Makes sense they need to get some money from somewhere.

The insurance is not much use for me though Frown Anything I post is covered by the Royal Mails standard post service, so no point me insuring it if its already covered.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.