I have just completed modifying 300+ Active Listings with the Auctiva tool and thought it to be one of the most painful processes I have ever seen.
I was using the Description modification tools to modify one word. In order to save time I used the 250 listing view. BIG MISTAKE. I have a pretty good ISP and down speed but the rebuild of the page took forever. Selecting check all and modify rebuilds the page all over again. It seems like the longest amount of time is spent with the page rebuilding FaceBook links. After rebuild and modifications were ready to go the process crashed with an IE cannot find page error. ARGGH!
Reverted to doing 100 at a time and the rebuild page process is still insanely slow. I am not sure where the snag is, the eBay inter-phase or the Auctiva servers. Maybe the developers need to go back and look at their page refresh code and possibly reuse what is there already especially where external links are involved instead of totally rebuilding every time you change something. Unless something changes on an upgrade I’m going to rethink using the Active Listing tool again.
Sorry Auctiva but you need to go back to the drawing board and take a second look at what you have offered here.