Skip to main content

Can someone do me a favor???? Does anyone use another 3rd party listing company such as vendio, or others. IF so would you please log in and type in category this number : 53852 (which is: Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Women's Handbags & Bags > Handbags & Purses.

Then click Custom Item Specifics

Color* and put click to Multi-Color
Then for SHADE* see if box is white where you can write in it or gray. (this only happens with Multi-Color other colors work the say they should.

OR do same with this category: 63862 which is Clothing, Shoes, Accessories, Womens Clothing, Coats & Jackets.

Do COLOR* and Multi-color

shade See if box shows white or gray.

I am trying to see if all 3rd party carriers are having issues with shade or if it is just auctiva.

I have friend who was going to check, but she is out of town right now. IF anyone lists through 3rd carrier, please do me a favor and check.

Note: It does list correct on ebay so that shade can be written in, auctiva said API communicates with ebay and pulls from their system but the ebay form does not use.
They said I could contact vendio & 3rd party vendors, but since I am not member of one can't check this.

I contacted ebay and they are blaming our 3rd party vendor??? Once again, monkey in the middle here, just trying to list my items.

Thanks for your help...it will be much appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi itsjustme. .

Thanks for doing that. It appears this may only be an issue if you are trying to FIX a previous listing to comply with ebay policies going into effect. So far have found this in 3 categories only if you are putting in multi-color. Auctiva said this is ebay API issue and of course, ebay says I need to contact my 3rd party listing co. Hopefully they will get fixed so I can correct listings I have ending or they will not repost to ebay. I am not big on totally re-doing specifics for every multi-color item I have listed, as this as you know is a real time consumer when everything is cleared and each area has to be redone.

Thanks again.
hi lookandbuyme. i did try it on an existing listing and got those results.

this week i found another interesting glitch. on one of my computers i could not make any edits to specifics because i then got an error message that there were images in the description. Support wrote how to fix...which is a pretty detailed process. If I edited the same listing on a different computer I had no issues.

I am boring you with these details because I have to wonder if we are getting different results because we are using different computers. sounds ridiculous but somehow the software is incompatible?

i have to say i have never encountered this on any of the other programs i work on. They are transparent regardless of puter, operating system, browser etc.

Now you'll need some coffee cuz I bored you back to sleep.
Something we can all agree on. Since I have signed up for auctiva. 3 or 4 years ago I have changed computors 3 times.
Ive had problems with auctivas site every time where as on ebay listing directly I have never had a problem. It has never glitched once
The fact is we should not have these problems with auctiva at all.
This site should run just as easily as ebay does. We should not have to sit around and alter this or that on our computers just to adjust to this site.
Did you know if you run your Internet explorer without add ons that this site is 10 times faster?
I use to upload pictures with the add-ons on and then when I got ready to list I turned them off.
It was lightning fast.
I have more problems now that I had when it was free and unfortunately, am finding that the issues I have are not quickly resolved. I do not mind paying AT ALL, however, do expect same workable services I had before paying. I am not sure what is going on and hope the dust settles soon. I use just a few of the features they have but find those distressing lately. If I used more of them think my distress would be much higher.
Great today, IN PURSES, even if you clear specifics form and re-put specifics the multi-color shade does not work it is gray so you can't write anything in.

This is absurd, this worked for a very long time and now there is no go around other than fixing in ebay once they post (which would have to be re-done each month that we relist) , which I really do not consider a solution since we then have to go back at some point and change in auctiva also (if this is ever resolved).

Auctiva blames ebay, ebay says it is 3rd party provider. This is a catch 22 for sellers who have to have their listings updated soon. Time is money and go arounds that we have to go back and fix in ebay (each month we relist) and then again in auctiva and fix when resolved, for most issues are a waste of time which is money.

ARG. . my args are getting pretty frequent!!
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Auctiva, can you please address this. I realize through support it was said I would be contacted through support, but perhaps others are having same problem.

I did just happen to check the jacket category I mentioned has been fixed. I was not notified as I was told I would be nor was anything put on here, so was unaware of this until I just happened to check. Would be nice to get notification so we can get done with this.

I have talked to ebay and been told this is auctiva issue? Auctiva says it is ebay, I am caught in middle.
The time for complying with ebay new policies is approaching really fast and we can't list multi-color purses the way this is at present time. I do not find the previously recommended fix of putting in a color and going back and changing to multi-later to be a real fix. It costs me sales since ebay obviously is showing multi-colors in their searches. Also, I have to be concerned that if information is incorrect in specifics that person who does buy will not be happy because specifics not accurate. In addition, I find temporary "fixes" which I have to track and then go back in and re-fix a huge time consumer, especially since auctiva does not have a notes section to do this.

Auctiva, what is being done to fix this. . our deadline is fast approaching.

Thanks
Last edited by lookandbuyme

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.