Skip to main content

Hi,

I have looked at the FAQ, and tried to find something to answer this question on this forum, but I cannot yet find anything. I need some help please.

I am a Canadian seller, selling on .com site. I want to provide a cheaper shipping situation for my Canadian buyers, since shipping within Canada with insurance using Canada Post is insanely expensive.(it can cost me over $12 to ship a small bubble envelope across the country).

All the FAQ's and other info I can find says that I can use Autiva insurance if I am shipping from Canada or the US, but I can find no other info about how to use it from Canada. Can I ship with regular oversized letter post, and then add Auctiva insurance, or must I have a type of shipping that provides a tracking number?

Any help is appreciated!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi -

If you are shipping from Canada to Canada, I see no reason why you can't use our shipping insurance.

It looks like either way - if you use flat rate or calculated shipping, the shipping insurance option is still there for you to include it on your item.

The shipping insurance works the same for those in Canada as it does for those in the US. Offer the shipping insurance, your buyer pays you, the policy is created and you pay us.

Here is the page where you can see transactions, what you owe, rates, etc... http://www.auctiva.com/account/inssettings.aspx

Hope that helps!

Cara
Hi Cara,

Thank you for your reply. It does help, but now I need to ask a little more. Smile

I have certain other things set up, that would mean I wouldn't want to use the Auctiva checkout nor the auto invoicing. I am trying to organize everyting so that maybe in the future I will be able to...but for now don't want it.

So, can I still purchase insurance after I make a sale? What I was hoping, if I understand how this works, is that after I make a sale to a fellow Canadian, I would go into my Auctiva account, and then click on "add insurance". This is where I would purchase it, correct? At that point I would state how much the total with shipping is, and what the amount of insurance is that I need to purchase. Then the charge for that amount of insurance comes out of whatever balance I have uploaded to my account.

Is this all that is needed?

One last question: in the case of loss, do I use the same affidavit form as the US, or is there another that Canadians would use?

Thanks for your help!

take care

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.