Skip to main content

Hi , my fist time of posting so “Top of the morning to ya all” Wink

I am relatively new to Auctiva although a long time user on ebay.

Having been impressed with the scrolling Auctiva Showcase I posted my first listing on ebay via Auctiva and now cannot revise that listing.

I have several listing currently on ebay which I listed via ebay and can revise all of them with no problem.

When I attempt to revise the listing that I posted via Auctiva I get the following error message:-
..............................................................................................................
"We were unable to process your request.

We are sorry, but we were unable to process your request.

Please check the eBay Announcement Board for updates on recent and upcoming
changes,
major system issues,and other important eBay news.

Regards,
eBay "

.........................................................................................................

I contacted Auctiva Customer Service via email and although very impressed with the speed of their replies, they basically passed the buck onto ebay.

Ebay are now looking into the matter but I was wondering if anyone else had had this problem before.

It just seems to coincidental that the only currant listing that I have on ebay at the moment that I cannot revise is the one that I listing via Auctiva

Cheers
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello, I am also relatively new to Auctiva although a long time user on ebay. And i've tried to revise a auctiva listing and i came up with this HTML stuff. I don't think auctiva is compatible with ebay as much as it should be. but, i'm going to continue using auctiva and maybe I'll get better at it. I hope this helps you.
Dave
If you want to revise something in the description box you have to look inside the html box that comes up on ebay when revising your description. In there, amongst all the gobbledygook, you will find the very words your typed when creating the listing on auctiva, and you can change them right in there and when you preview you'll see the changes looking the way you want them to. I've even changed pictures around, just by looking up the numbers of the photos as Auctiva assigned them, and then finding them in that decription box and changing them.
Thanks for your replies biscuit and Roamer

I am actually very conversant with revising my ebay listings as I always post using my own HTML code.

In this case there is obviously a problem, as initially Auctiva did not show the listing image in my showcase or as a Thumbnail in my Auctiva page. Auctiva support ran a command to update the images in my store window, which worked very quickly.

However I am still unable to gain access to revise my listing description so that I can change some information via HTML.

As I’ve previously said I can revise all my other listings that I posted directly via ebay but not the only one I re-listed via Auctiva.

Cheers
quote:
Originally posted by kuhar:
I don't think ebay likes to help us with auctiva, because they have turbolister.

Very good point David, I've think you have hit the nail on the head...cheers

biscuit................that’s my whole problem………….ebay will not let me into “revise description” so that I can change/add to my HTML code

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.