Skip to main content

i have SEVEN pics in an active listing but when selecting my template layout, i accid. clicked 'horiz.' instead of paired, now they're all stretched out and my auction looks terrible! can't get ebay revision to let me move the pix? someone pls. help asap!! i'll buy you candy! Wink thank you!
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've had similar things happen to me, and the only thing that ever worked, short of ending listing, was to go to your manage image folder, and replace the pics with fresh images, or in ebay revision, change the pic links to known working photos. That's the only thing that ever worked for me, short of ending and relisting. It may have to do with all the Auctiva problems today???
thanks for answering!

i can see all the pics, they're there ok, just instead of

pic pic

pic pic

pic pic

it's pic pic pic pic pic pic

and now there's a scroll bar at the bottom and it looks like UGH... i tried editing description, but it only lets me resize them, not move them. *POUT* no one will want to read the descrip. if they have to scroll way the hell over to the right.
Don't over estimate the attention span of bidders. If it's hard to veiw, they all think they will be the only one that will take the trouble, and bookmark or bid on it. If it's not a real expensive item and you can still see all the pics and read the description, I'd just leave it and see what happens, maybe it will go great? Maybe your on to something? Maybe add to description of the problem your having.
Also, it sounds like you may have accidentally hit scroll button while choosing template, and layout was highlighted, so when you bump scroll button, it goes from Paired to other choice? It may be the reason? I've done it many times on shipping and other scroll boxes. Now I always click outside on something after making a choice in scroll box, that way it won't change accidentally. Hope this helps?
lol at hoping i'm 'on to something'! hey, whatever makes a sale, right? lol..

actually, i DO *always* hit scroll when i have a choice in a selection box highlighted, and that's usually how i make my mistakes! this time, i picked 'horizontally' on purpose..accidently! i don't know what i was thinking, it was on 'vertical' and i just selected horizontal and didn't think about it! i hardly EVER have so many pics, too, and they're not small! oh, well.. i went back in the html editor, and just tried adding a break after every two pics, but it didn't work Frown pooey. thanks a lot for your replies, tho!
edit// and this is why rick is a premier poster and i am just a measly apprentice! Razz

******MUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAH******

THANK YOU, RICKSTER!!!! you always have the answer, how do you DO that?!! that was it, it's all fixed (tho 16 peop. were looking just since last nite, so i guess mattroy was right about my underestimation of my bidders! Wink ) i bet you're the guy who'll always drive someone to the airport or help them move, aren't you? Wink Big Grin

i feel sooooo much better! thanks to both you guys for your replies!
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
Maybe it was posted and I missed it but all you need to do is edit and save the listing here, go to Saved Listings, tick the box next to the listing and click "Get HTML" at the top. Take that HTML and plug it into the description box on eBay's revise page.

Oh, and always use the Preview button in the lister!

I just wanted to say thank you Rick! This reply that you posted just helped me so much! I was going through the html on the ebay site itself and trying to figure things out.....and I did, but this was a time saver! I didn't even know this could be done. I'm still new to auctiva and I guess I better go do some more exploring at all the things that Auctiva offers. Thanks again!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.