Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi,

I find the following to be the easiest way to revise a listing when the revision involves photos or changes to the description:

Note: I tried to make this clear and simple for any of our fellow Auctiva friends that might be new to computers.

Go to your saved listing folder and open the listing you want to edit. Make any revisions that you need including adding or deleting photos. Save the listing.

Go back to the saved listings page and check the box to the left of that listing. Then click the blue box above the listings that says "GET HTML". When the new window opens click "select all". This will highlight all of the text inside the box. Right cick inside the box and click "copy". You can minimze this window or just leave it for now in case you need it again while working in ebay.

Go to ebay, find the listing and click to revise listing. On the next page click "edit description" and you should have a box with the HTML for the listing on the left of the page. Right click inside the box and click "select all". All of the text will be highlighted. Right click the highlighted text and click on "paste". The new HTML you copied from the revised listing has now been inserted. Scoll down and click save changes. The next page will show you the revised listing. Confirm that it is the way you want and scroll down click submit revision. You are done.

Let me know if you need more help.

Terence

COZI COLLECTIBLES
Hi,

When you try to revise what is ebay telling you?

Do you have bids on your listing or are there less than 12 hours remaining?

The information that you can revise in your listing depends on the time left before the listing ends and whether you have received any bids or sales. There are a few types of changes that you can make but not a complete revision of the description which is what we are doing in the instructions in my previous post.

See the following link:
How can I revise my listing?

Let me know what pops up when you try to revise.

Terence

COZI COLLECTIBLES
Hi there,
I have followed your instructions, because I want to replace a photo on an active listing.

I have got as far as clicking the <html> button at the righthand side after having selected the item I want to change, but nothing happens. No new window nor any indication that anything has happened. Have I done something wrong? Or could it be that things are slow because it is a Thursday evening?

Thank you for your detailed instructions. It's so good to be able to ask an expert for help, and so good to know that such an expert has the time and patience to help a newbie!
Hi denimmaterial,

Since nothing is happening when you click the "<HTML>" button next to the item on your Saved Listings page, I suspect you must have a pop-up blocker enabled on your browser that is preventing it from being displayed. While the culprit is most likely the default pop-up blocker on your browser, many browser toolbars, such as those offered by Yahoo and Google, also come with pop-up blockers that are enabled by default.

If you disable any pop-up blockers that are installed on your browser, you should be able to complete this process. Instructions on how to disable the most common pop-up blockers can be found on the following site: http://de.usa.edu/HowTo/How2PopupBlockers.html

Any additional questions or concerns? Please feel free to contact our customer support team using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

- Mike
I could be wrong and I'm not trying to take away from your informative post Cozi but, if you copy from the "get html" of a saved listing I am pretty sure that will not have your scrolling gallery code.

So when pasting into the ebay "revise your listing" html editor you need to delete all but the scrolling gallery html code. I am not sure what the code is. A search will bring it up or perhaps someone here can reiterate that.

I'm also new, but this is just one of many things I have learned here since joining. In one of my earlier listings I revised without keeping the scrolling gallery (I didn't know I deleted it when pasting revised html) and that was dissapointing.

Hope this helps and if I'm wrong please correct me.
Hi Community,

Another note on this topic: If you revise your active listings using the method mentioned in this thread and, as a result, the scrolling gallery is removed from them, we can actually run a process from our end to add it back to them. You'll just need to contact us to let us know you'd like us to run a command to add the scrolling gallery to your listings.

If you would like us to do this, please contact our customer support team by completing the web form on the following page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.