Skip to main content

I submitted a warning the other day about how if you try to delete a subtitle when relisting (even when you preview it shows subtitle has been removed) that Auctiva fails to delete subtitle during relist & you are charged eBay fee.

I just heard from support & found out this was a known problem.

I'm just venting & wondering how many others have received support responses saying something to the effect "we are aware of this problem & working to fix."

This is really upsetting.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Bev5,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding this matter. Although we sometimes warn all our users of certain technical issues that are particularly widespread, we do not feel it is practical to notify all of our users about every technical issue we are currently investigating for a variety of reasons.

However, as I mentioned when responding to your previous post on the subject earlier today, we currently have your case on file with respect to the issue and will notify you as soon as the issue has been addressed or any other pertinent information becomes available.

We appreciate the constructive feedback.

-Mike
Hi Bev.

Most of us sellers here completely agree with you. We have also voiced opinions on this issue.
We should be made aware of "any known issues" that effect our businesses, our accounts, our listing abilities and most importantly OUR MONEY. Most of us also think doing so is more than practical. Causing loss of money to customers because of lack of disclosure is not practical....it is PREVENTABLE.

I am very sorry you suffered a monetary loss because we are not kept informed as this could have been easily avoided had you known about the issue....but you are not alone.
WOW!!! At 50 cents a pop this is painful!! VERY painful. I would be croaking....as when I relist it is usually 300-400 items at a time.

I do think there needs to be some type of announcement area (or at a place where we can go and view known issues). When it is Money out of our pockets floating in the air especially. That is 50 cents x's how many listings wasted money. I would be quite irritated!

A lot of times if I know there is an issue, I will just wait a few hours to list or use that function rather than wasting time trying to get it revised in ebay.
software systems always have a know list of bugs that have been reported but not fixed

what a lot of us wanted, was what large scale commercial systems used to do, and that's submit a list of know issues periodically. One exits in electronic form I am sure.

what that would do is allow us to not "waste" our time reporting a know issue and decrease sellers being upset when they take the time only to be told "It's a know Issue" .

to me that is the quintessential win-win

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.